    to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office 2007?! Install
    2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed side by side. Now
    neither work. Anyone help?!
    ChickenMan, Jun 1, 2006

  2. ChickenMan

    Vista Guest

    "ChickenMan" <> wrote in message
    news:447e83e9$...
    > Ok,
    > So all the talk of Office 2007 got me excited so I downloaded and
    > installed it, removing office 2003 in the process. It crashes every time I
    > open an email, it just doesn't like my system - that's fine, it's beta.
    > So - I try to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office
    > 2007?! Install 2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed
    > side by side. Now neither work. Anyone help?!

    I am not sure, although it doesn't sound good if there is no uninstall. Do
    they disclose this point in the terms that you can't uninstall it?

    Is their an expiry date onthe BETA where it will stop working after a
    specific date, or can it be used forever.
    Vista, Jun 1, 2006

  3. ChickenMan

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:58:39 +1200, "ChickenMan" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Ok,
    >So all the talk of Office 2007 got me excited so I downloaded and installed
    >it, removing office 2003 in the process. It crashes every time I open an
    >email, it just doesn't like my system - that's fine, it's beta. So - I try
    >to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office 2007?! Install
    >2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed side by side. Now
    >neither work. Anyone help?!

    Odd.

    There's an entry in "Add/Remove Programs". Tried removing it from
    there?

    Sounds like it didn't install properly. I'd run both uninstallers,
    rename the "c:\program files\microsoft office" folder, then try
    reinstalling O2007 again.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 1, 2006
  4. ChickenMan

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:47:54 +1200, "Vista" <>
    exclaimed:

    >"ChickenMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok,
    >> So all the talk of Office 2007 got me excited so I downloaded and
    >> installed it, removing office 2003 in the process. It crashes every time I
    >> open an email, it just doesn't like my system - that's fine, it's beta.
    >> So - I try to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office
    >> 2007?! Install 2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed
    >> side by side. Now neither work. Anyone help?!
    >>

    >I am not sure, although it doesn't sound good if there is no uninstall. Do
    >they disclose this point in the terms that you can't uninstall it?

    There IS an uninstaller, and you CAN uninstall it.

    >Is their an expiry date onthe BETA where it will stop working after a
    >specific date, or can it be used forever.

    Expires 31st January, 2007. However, there'll obviously be the full
    version out by then, or at least another BETA.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 1, 2006
  5. ChickenMan

    Steven H Guest

    Hello ChickenMan,

    ensure ALL addins for outlook (and any other addins for office) are disabled

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek

    Steven H, Jun 1, 2006
  6. ChickenMan

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:17:15 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
    <> exclaimed:

    >> Ok,
    >> So all the talk of Office 2007 got me excited so I downloaded and
    >> installed
    >> it, removing office 2003 in the process. It crashes every time I open
    >> an
    >> email, it just doesn't like my system - that's fine, it's beta. So - I
    >> try
    >> to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office 2007?!
    >> Install
    >> 2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed side by
    >> side. Now
    >> neither work. Anyone help?!

    >Hello ChickenMan,
    >
    >ensure ALL addins for outlook (and any other addins for office) are disabled

    Yeah, I think that's the problem with Word 2003, now.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 1, 2006
  7. ChickenMan

    Guest

    Re: Office 2007 problem :) - THIS IS FOR ANYONE CRASHING ALL THE TIME

    *MAKE SURE YOU READ THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR OUTLOOK WITH BUSINESS
    CONTACT MANAGER (it's not the same as for the rest of the suite...THEY
    ARE MUCH MUCH HIGHER)...I feel really silly saying this---but, I
    installed everything without reading them and my computer pretty much
    stopped working.......then, I realized that it had something to do with
    outlook, somehow came across a link to the system requirements and
    decided to read them just for fun...then I saw where I had made a huge
    mistake when I installed everything (and yeah, I installed everything -
    dumb)....I DIDN'T READ THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.

    I feel stupid now.

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:17:15 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
    > <> exclaimed:
    >
    > >> Ok,
    > >> So all the talk of Office 2007 got me excited so I downloaded and
    > >> installed
    > >> it, removing office 2003 in the process. It crashes every time I open
    > >> an
    > >> email, it just doesn't like my system - that's fine, it's beta. So - I
    > >> try
    > >> to go back to Office 2003. There's no uninstall for office 2007?!
    > >> Install
    > >> 2003 over the top hoping it'd remove 2007 - no, installed side by
    > >> side. Now
    > >> neither work. Anyone help?!

    > >Hello ChickenMan,
    > >
    > >ensure ALL addins for outlook (and any other addins for office) are disabled
    > >

    > Yeah, I think that's the problem with Word 2003, now.
    , Jun 14, 2006