Office 2007 causes html icon to disappear on 64bit Windows Vista.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Cat, Jul 16, 2007.

  1. Cat

    Cat Guest

    This problem happened on Windows XP x64 with Microsoft Office 2003. I
    didn't expect that the same problem would occur with the latest
    version of Windows and Office. Microsoft probably knew about this
    problem before they launched Office 2007.

    Anyways, I know that Microsoft Office installs a 32 bit icon handler
    for HTML files and under 64bit Windows, this doesn't work so that
    there's no icon for HTML files. How can I fix this problem? I've
    searched the Office news group for this problem and there WAS the same
    question for this problem but the reply was like the following:

    >There is an x64 newsgroup.
    >microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    >
    >--
    >Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

    Is there a solution? Thank you.

    Cat, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Same problem here. No solution found.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9vdHNhbmRjdWx0dXJl?=, Aug 22, 2007

  3. Open the registry editor and search for the following:

    42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597

    This is the class ID for the office icon handler. For each instance that
    this value occurs under a key called "iconhandler", delete the key.

    Next open IE and click on the tools>internet options in the menu. click on
    programs tab and then click on "reset web settings".

    (Thanks to sb1171)

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9vdHNhbmRjdWx0dXJl?=, Sep 10, 2007