    used? If I remember correctly I had to activate each time. I'm
    interested in selling it to a friend, but not if it won't let her use
    it..

    Kurtis, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    You can sell it.,no limited installs on it.

    doS, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Kurtis

    Kurtis Guest

    Are there limited actvations though? I thought there was a limit of
    three or something. Even then I don't know if they mean three
    computers or three activations

    Kurtis, Mar 10, 2007
  4. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    I have used mine about 30 times.

    doS, Mar 10, 2007
  5. Kurtis

    Mike Easter Guest

    Kurtis wrote:
    Subject: Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition
    > Hi, I have the above mentioned cd, which came with one product key.

    I presume that you mean that you are somehow entitled to some kind of
    license entitling you to use that edition's key and CD.

    But, you only said that 'you have the cd and they key'. You may not be
    lawfully entitled to use it, for all you have said here.

    > can't remember how many times I've installed it on the same laptop,
    > probably 2 or 3 since I've formatted a couple of times.

    Any MS product key and license can be used/installed repetitively by the
    same person on the same machine over again, if they are licensed.

    > I'm just
    > wondering if microsoft keeps track of how many times the key gets
    > used?

    MS keeps track of a lot of things, but there isn't anything in the
    license agreement which would be a problem for you formatting and
    reinstalling your legitimate usage of your legitimate license.

    > If I remember correctly I had to activate each time.

    So far as above, there's isn't any problem about your usage of your
    license.

    > I'm
    > interested in selling it to a friend, but not if it won't let her use
    > it..

    You can't do that. Your license doesn't include reselling.

    One discussion of MS's academic licensing is found here
    http://www.microsoft.com/Education/ChooseOption.mspx licensing
    solutions for our education customers

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 10, 2007
  6. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    bullshit

    doS, Mar 10, 2007
  7. Kurtis

    Mike Easter Guest

    doS wrote:
    > bullshit

    Apparently you don't know how to address your bullshit remark and make
    it apparent what part you disagree with.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 10, 2007
  8. Kurtis

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > doS wrote:
    >> bullshit

    > Apparently you don't know how to address your bullshit remark and make
    > it apparent what part you disagree with.

    Not to mention he's wrong and you're right <g>

    WhzzKdd, Mar 10, 2007
  9. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    he didnt ask the legalities of the issue, he wants to know if he can
    activate.He didnt need a song and dance about morality.if he bought the cd,
    he can damn well do what he pleases with it.,sell it whatever.MS has the
    antitrust suites against them...

    doS, Mar 10, 2007
  10. Kurtis

    Mike Easter Guest

    doS wrote:
    > he didnt ask the legalities of the issue, he wants to know if he can
    > activate.

    No you are exactly and completely wrong. He was asking if it were
    possible that a 3rd party /other/ than himself on another machine might
    have problems activating.

    One big disadvantage of your posting your words way up on top of
    everything else which has ever been written before is that you don't
    properly isolate the most important words in the conversation which you
    should be addressing -- like these below here above my sig where it
    shows that he did *not* want to know if he can activate.

    Then the next disadvantage to your posting your words way up on top of
    everything else which has ever been written before is that your
    'bullshit' comment misses the mark for 99% of what you put it above --
    That is, you are saying bullshit to everything including 'Hi, I have the
    above mentioned cd,'. That doesn't make any sense. So, saying bullshit
    to everything is actually saying bullshit to nothing by your method.

    So, your style of (not) carrying on a conversation prevents your
    accurate reading of the issue and it also prevents your accurate
    commenting on the issue. It makes it noncontributory

    Mike Easter, Mar 10, 2007
  11. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    well, can he activate it or not, you havent answered the question yet....

    doS, Mar 10, 2007
  12. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    > doS wrote:
    >> he didnt ask the legalities of the issue, he wants to know if he can
    >> activate.

    > No you are exactly and completely wrong. He was asking if it were
    > possible that a 3rd party /other/ than himself on another machine might
    > have problems activating.
    >
    > One big disadvantage of your posting your words way up on top of
    > everything else which has ever been written before is that you don't
    > properly isolate the most important words in the conversation which you
    > should be addressing -- like these below here above my sig where it
    > shows that he did *not* want to know if he can activate.
    >
    > Then the next disadvantage to your posting your words way up on top of
    > everything else which has ever been written before is that your
    > 'bullshit' comment misses the mark for 99% of what you put it above --
    > That is, you are saying bullshit to everything including 'Hi, I have the
    > above mentioned cd,'. That doesn't make any sense. So, saying bullshit
    > to everything is actually saying bullshit to nothing by your method.
    >
    > So, your style of (not) carrying on a conversation prevents your
    > accurate reading of the issue and it also prevents your accurate
    > commenting on the issue. It makes it noncontributory

    yet you add a 2kb commentary to my top posting.,now if it was useless, then
    so is your replies.go color some eggs bunny boi

    doS, Mar 10, 2007
  13. Kurtis

    Mike Easter Guest

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 10, 2007
  14. Kurtis

    Cam-man Guest

    doS inspired greatness with:

    >well, can he activate it or not, you havent answered the question yet....

    "Everything that guy just said is bullshit. Thank you."

    The DA, Jim Trotter III (Lane Smith) objects on the ground that
    Vinny's entire statement is argumentative.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Cousin_Vinny

    --
    "Meanwhile, my company is at China, so We can provide you a relative
    lost price."

    From: "pgtekin" <>

    Cam-man, Mar 10, 2007
  15. Kurtis

    doS Guest

    or, he can use it on any other machine if he wants...

    doS, Mar 10, 2007