    I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already use
    these programs...

    mac

    mac, Oct 25, 2009

  2. Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine. I don't know any reason
    Money wouldn't, but I've never run it. If it won't, and your computer
    supports hardware virtualization, run Money in XPMode.

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 25, 2009

  3. mac

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 25/10/2009 in message <> mac wrote:

    >Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?
    >
    >How about Money 7?
    >
    >I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already
    >use these programs...
    >
    >mac

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 25, 2009
  4. mac

    John Barnes Guest

    The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.

    John Barnes, Oct 25, 2009
  5. mac

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    I have not tested it with Windows 7 yet; however, every version of Office
    ever released would install simultaneously on Windows Vista 64 if you
    installed them in order of their release to a separate directory and only
    installed one version of Outlook. I do not anticipate any problem installing
    any past version of Office, with no other version being installed, on
    Windows 7 whether 32 or 64.

    There might well be a problem installing the forthcoming Office 2010 64 bit
    version if there is any component of any earlier version (by necessity, a 32
    bit version) installed. No doubt that information is available somewhere but
    I have not seen it.

    But, Office 2000 on Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit, I doubt is there are any
    problems. However, you are wise to exercise caution and due diligence.

    Tom

    Tom Ferguson, Oct 25, 2009
  6. mac

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 25/10/2009 in message <> Tom
    Ferguson wrote:

    >I have not tested it with Windows 7 yet; however, every version of Office
    >ever released would install simultaneously on Windows Vista 64 if you
    >installed them in order of their release to a separate directory and only
    >installed one version of Outlook. I do not anticipate any problem
    >installing any past version of Office, with no other version being
    >installed, on Windows 7 whether 32 or 64.

    SP2 for Office 97 won't install on Vista because it tries to replace a
    system font, perhaps Marlett - can't remember now.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 25, 2009
  7. mac

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Thanks for the cautionary "heads up". Possibly the difficulty has little
    practical fallout now. I might have a look at it early next week just "out
    of curiosity".

    Tom

    Tom Ferguson, Oct 25, 2009
  8. mac

    Gary Mount Guest

    I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
    I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and did
    not install those.
    Also don't forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan.
    I was not able to install the service packs however.

    Gary Mount, Oct 28, 2009
  9. I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    How made you this installation?

    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    25-Oct-09

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:21 AM
    mac wrote:

    Office 2003 & 2007
    Will MS Office 2003 and 2007 install in Windows 7 64 bit?

    How about Money 7?

    I am debating between installing Win-7 32 bit vs 64 bit....But I already use
    these programs...

    mac

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:33 AM
    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine.
    Certainly Office 2003 and 2007 install just fine. I do not know any reason
    Money would not, but I have never run it. If it will not, and your computer
    supports hardware virtualization, run Money in XPMode.

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 4:37 AM
    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:45 AM
    Van Chocstraw wrote:

    mac wrote:How about Office 2000?
    mac wrote:

    How about Office 2000?

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:52 AM
    John Barnes wrote:

    The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.
    The last 2 versions of Money install just fine.

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:10 PM
    Tom Ferguson wrote:

[...]

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:50 PM
    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    Ferguson wrote:SP2 for Office 97 will not install on Vista because it tries to
    Ferguson wrote:

    SP2 for Office 97 will not install on Vista because it tries to replace a
    system font, perhaps Marlett - cannot remember now.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    This is as bad as it can get, but do not bet on it

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:16 PM
    Tom Ferguson wrote:

    Thanks for the cautionary "heads up".
    Thanks for the cautionary "heads up". Possibly the difficulty has little
    practical fallout now. I might have a look at it early next week just "out
    of curiosity".

    Tom

    On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:23 AM
    Gary Mount wrote:

    I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
    I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
    I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and did
    not install those.
    Also do not forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan.
    I was not able to install the service packs however.

    Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...93a-b290f013f649/entity-framework-40-and.aspx

    Joao Bitente Neto, May 18, 2010
  10. I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    25-Oct-09

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine

    -
    Jeff Gaines Dorset U
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:21 AM

    Office 2003 & 2007

    Gary Mount wrote:

    I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
    I have Office 2000 running on Windows 7 64 bit
    I unselected components like FrontPage server extensions or whatever and di
    not install those
    Also do not forget to not install clippy and the rest of the clan
    I was not able to install the service packs however.

    On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:46 PM
    Joao Bitente Neto wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    How made you this installation?

    LINQ With Strings
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...47db-adb9-db7fe2c6ab8c/linq-with-strings.aspx

    Joao Bitente Neto, May 18, 2010
  11. I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    Jeff Gaines wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    25-Oct-09

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine

    -
    Jeff Gaines Dorset U
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap

    On Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:21 AM

    Office 2003 & 2007

    Joao Bitente Neto wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    How made you this installation?

    On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:47 PM
    Joao Bitente Neto wrote:

    I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.
    How made you this installation?

    Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx

    Joao Bitente Neto, May 18, 2010
  12. mac

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    Re: I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    On 18/05/2010 in message <> Joao Bitente
    Neto wrote:

    >How made you this installation?

    I just put the CD in and installed it as usual. You will probably find the
    shortcut on the start menu doesn't work so you will have to make your own.
    It is very, very slow so don't give up on it. It searches all your hard
    drives for a previous installation That was OK when they were 250MB but if
    you have 250GB or more then you may as well go for dinner while it installs.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    If it's not broken, mess around with it until it is

    Jeff Gaines, May 18, 2010
  13. Re: I have installed Money 97 on Win7-64 and it installed and runs fine.

    The best way to do this is probably to use a virtual machine. If you're
    running Professional or Ultimate, Windows VPC and XPMode are the way to go.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2010