    PWB Guest

    I have an old computer that had office 2000 installed on it. It is only
    32meg ram but now I have restored it it wont run office 2000 any ideas.

    PWB, Feb 25, 2004

  2. PWB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    PWB posted ...

    > I have an old computer that had office 2000 installed on it. It is
    > only 32meg ram but now I have restored it it wont run office 2000 any
    > ideas.

    Damn, that's a pisser ..

    Can you post any further details that might help pinpoint a cause, like
    error messages, Operating System, computer specs, what do you mean by 'I
    have restored it' etc etc

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 25, 2004

  3. PWB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:

    > PWB posted ...
    >
    >> I have an old computer that had office 2000 installed on it. It is
    >> only 32meg ram but now I have restored it it wont run office 2000 any
    >> ideas.

    > Damn, that's a pisser ..
    >
    > Can you post any further details that might help pinpoint a cause, like
    > error messages, Operating System, computer specs, what do you mean by 'I
    > have restored it' etc etc

    What's wrong with your crystal ball this week mate?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  4. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Its a windows 98 system with 32meg ram and only a 3gig hdd. Its my other
    computer , what I mean is I factory restored it i.e I put the discs in that
    came with the PC.

    PWB, Feb 25, 2004
  5. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:10:43 -0000, "PWB" <>
    wrote:

    >Its a windows 98 system with 32meg ram and only a 3gig hdd. Its my other
    >computer , what I mean is I factory restored it i.e I put the discs in that
    >came with the PC.

    Have you tried re-installing Office 2000?

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 25, 2004
  6. PWB

    Unknown Guest

    With only 32 meg of RAM, throw it in the garbage.

    Unknown, Feb 25, 2004
  7. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:48:58 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    wrote:

    >With only 32 meg of RAM, throw it in the garbage.

    Firstly, don't tell me that; I'm not the OP and it's not my computer.

    Secondly, RAM can usually be easily upgraded. (Not that that's called
    for in this case.) Having a small amount of RAM is no reason to junk
    a computer.

    Thirdly, and most importantly, computers are only obsolete when
    they're no longer capable of doing what you want them to do. If the
    OP wants to run Office 2000 on an old, slow computer, and they're
    happy with the performance and reliability they get, that's their
    business. AFAIK, this thread is about "how do I get it working", not
    "crap all over my choice of hardware".

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 25, 2004
  8. PWB

    Unknown Guest

    Care to guess the type of RAM is in that computer and maximum allowed? JUNK
    IT.

    Unknown, Feb 25, 2004
  9. PWB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > Care to guess the type of RAM is in that computer and maximum allowed? JUNK
    > IT.

    Do you scrap cars when the ashtrays are full or when the tyres get worn?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  10. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:25:38 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    wrote:

    >Care to guess the type of RAM is in that computer and maximum allowed?

    Irrelevant. If it works, it works.

    >JUNK
    >IT.

    Why? If you care to junk your own things just because they're old,
    that's your business. Advising other people to get rid of perfectly
    functional computers is wasteful and irresponsible.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 25, 2004
  11. PWB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Brian H¹© posted ...

    > Paul - xxx said:
    >
    >> PWB posted ...
    >>
    >>> I have an old computer that had office 2000 installed on it. It is
    >>> only 32meg ram but now I have restored it it wont run office 2000
    >>> any ideas.

    >> Damn, that's a pisser ..
    >>
    >> Can you post any further details that might help pinpoint a cause,
    >> like error messages, Operating System, computer specs, what do you
    >> mean by 'I have restored it' etc etc

    > What's wrong with your crystal ball this week mate?

    BEER .. clouded vision ... hic !!

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 25, 2004
  12. PWB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    PWB posted ...

    > Its a windows 98 system with 32meg ram and only a 3gig hdd. Its my
    > other computer , what I mean is I factory restored it i.e I put the
    > discs in that came with the PC.

    OK, then I concur with Dan Shea, in that you need to reinstall Office. This
    should be easy enough to do providing you have the original cd's. If you
    restored the computer without backing up your personal data then that may be
    lost, though it may also be still available after restoring O2K, if you're
    very lucky .. It's happened to me once .. ;)

    Out of interest, are you sure that it's Office 2000 ? I would have thought
    the specs of your computer would barely open an MS Word document at all, let
    alone do anything meaningful to data files .. An apparent downgrade to
    Office '97 may be more productive, though that's just my opinion of course
    ... ;)

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 25, 2004
  13. PWB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:

    > Brian H¹© posted ...
    >
    >> Paul - xxx said:
    >>
    >>> PWB posted ...

    >>> Damn, that's a pisser ..
    >>>
    >>> Can you post any further details that might help pinpoint a cause,
    >>> like error messages, Operating System, computer specs, what do you
    >>> mean by 'I have restored it' etc etc

    >> What's wrong with your crystal ball this week mate?

    > BEER .. clouded vision ... hic !!

    LOL, I just read your other post.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  14. PWB

    PWB Guest

    yes it was office 2000 and I did use original disks for the restore . The
    reason I haven't got shot of it is , I use it for another hobby (I interface
    it with Amateur Radio)

    PWB, Feb 25, 2004
  15. PWB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    PWB said:

    > yes it was office 2000 and I did use original disks for the restore . The
    > reason I haven't got shot of it is , I use it for another hobby (I interface
    > it with Amateur Radio)

    Bloody hell, I just fired up my version of Office 2000 and fiddled witrh all the
    radio buttons I could find, but I can't seem to be able to transmit or receive
    anything.
    What's your secret?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  16. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:33:07 -0000, "PWB" <>
    wrote:

    >yes it was office 2000 and I did use original disks for the restore . The
    >reason I haven't got shot of it is , I use it for another hobby (I interface
    >it with Amateur Radio)

    Careful where you post; this is in the wrong part of the thread now.

    The "original disks" you're talking about were system restore disks.
    They would have restored your computer to its factory condition (more
    or less). AFTER you did the system restore, you would have had to
    re-install Office 2000. Go get your Office 2000 CD and re-install.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 25, 2004
  17. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Yes I did try to re-install office 2k but without success;-(

    PWB, Feb 25, 2004
  18. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:46:12 -0000, "PWB" <>
    wrote:

    >Yes I did try to re-install office 2k but without success;-(

    Details, please. What happened? Give specific error messages if
    applicable.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  19. PWB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Dan Shea said:

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:46:12 -0000, "PWB" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I did try to re-install office 2k but without success;-(

    > Details, please. What happened? Give specific error messages if
    > applicable.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > dan

    Dentist.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  20. PWB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dan Shea posted ...

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:46:12 -0000, "PWB" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I did try to re-install office 2k but without success;-(

    > Details, please. What happened? Give specific error messages if
    > applicable.

    There are some days when it's just a little bit harder than it ought to be
    ... ;)

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)