    I\bought a second hand box with XP installed and want to install office 2000
    cannot determine if they are compatible and did not get officexp with the
    machine. does anyone know if office 2000 has problems with XP?
    Pete Lumb, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Pete Lumb

    Miggsee Guest

    Office 2000 is fine on an XP machine.

    Miggsee, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Pete Lumb

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Pete Lumb posted ...

    > hi
    >
    > I\bought a second hand box with XP installed and want to install
    > office 2000 cannot determine if they are compatible and did not get
    > officexp with the machine. does anyone know if office 2000 has
    > problems with XP?

    Office 2000 is compatible with XP. I've installed it on a number of
    computers with much less effort and problems than with W95/W98 and Office 97
    ... ;)

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Pete Lumb

    Harrison Guest

    There should be no problems.
    Run Office Update and Windows Update.

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Pete Lumb

    Pete Lumb Guest

    thanks folks I am going ahead now a bit happier

    Pete Lumb, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Pete Lumb

    Miggsee Guest

    :) M$ would love you to go and buy Office XP <G>. Luckily, I was given a
    legal copy through an Intel course that I took. :) 2000 is good, no need to
    upgrade.

    Miggsee, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Pete Lumb

    Pete Lumb Guest

    hey thanks folks good advice here went ahead as advised with no problems

    Pete Lumb, Feb 1, 2004