    will work.

    Thanks

    John
    John, Jan 14, 2004

  2. John

    Bax Guest

    No problem. I used Office2000 on my WinXP computer for months with no
    problems. The only reason why I recently upgraded to Office2003 was to get
    the antispam features in the new Outlook.

    Bax, Jan 14, 2004

  3. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi. Just a quick question. Will Office 2000 work in XP without any
    > probs? Anyone using this in XP? The reason I ask is because it would
    > save me a few pounds if I can still use it, and not have to buy Office
    > 2003. There's not really any point buying the 2003 version if 2000
    > will work.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Yup works just fine...make sure to update it fromtthe MS website after
    installing though.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 14, 2004
  4. John

    Bill Nathan Guest

    Im using it fine.

    Bill Nathan, Jan 14, 2004
  5. John

    S.Heenan Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi. Just a quick question. Will Office 2000 work in XP without any
    > probs? Anyone using this in XP? The reason I ask is because it would
    > save me a few pounds if I can still use it, and not have to buy Office
    > 2003. There's not really any point buying the 2003 version if 2000
    > will work.

    Office 97,2000, and XP all work fine under Windows XP. Get all necessary
    updates from the Office Update site.
    S.Heenan, Jan 15, 2004
  6. John

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    John <> wrote in news:3peb00lpg4sgbg2fh94v597jn7nhr0g3b1@
    4ax.com:

    > Will Office 2000 work in XP without any
    > probs?

    Yes, the numbers are simply version numbers, they don't affect what it
    requires. Office 2000 doesn't need Windows 2000, Office XP doesn't need
    WIndows XP, etc.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 15, 2004
  7. I have had really good experiences with Office 2000/XP/2003 in Windows XP.
    The only program in the Office world that have caused me problems in OneNote
    2003. I download the trial from Microsoft today (a 60 day trial!) and it
    has already crashed several times.

    Andrew Watiker, Jan 16, 2004