    I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
    Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP Pro
    O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks
    JJ, Oct 20, 2003

  2. JJ

    PJS Guest

    "JJ" <> wrote in message
    news:uoIkb.7686$...
    > I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
    > Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP

    Pro
    > O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks

    Yes, no problem. The "XP" in Office just means it is the latest (until this
    week, that is). Any of the recent versions will run on the XP OS.

    Pete
    PJS, Oct 20, 2003

  3. JJ

    Newt Guest

    "PJS" <> wrote in message

    > "JJ" <> wrote in message
    > > I am planning on buying and installing Windows XP Pro, but cannot afford
    > > Office XP.Question? Can I install my old Office 2000 Pro into Windows XP

    > Pro
    > > O.S. no problem or conflicts? thanks
    > >

    > Yes, no problem. The "XP" in Office just means it is the latest (until

    this
    > week, that is). Any of the recent versions will run on the XP OS.
    >
    > Pete

    Confirm previous poster YES, I use WinXPpro with Office 2000 premium no
    problems at all
    Newt, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Not to sound bad, but you can install any version of office onto XP if you
    want, you can run Office 95 if you want to, I know several people who do,
    they have proprietary databases that only work with the version of Access
    from 95.
    If software can run under about any Windows 95-2000, it will more than
    likely run under XP but not 2000. I have some games I can't use on 2000 but
    that' okay :).

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 20, 2003
  5. JJ

    jt Guest

    I've installed Office 2000 Pro on XP Home and Pro systems and the apps all
    have been working with no problems for the last several months.
    cheers,
    jt

    jt, Oct 20, 2003