    --

    Regards

    Slarty Bartfast

    Slarty Bartfast, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Slarty Bartfast

    Marko Guest

    Obviously you have tried removing the battery and also
    power in case it has just locked up, right?

    Laptop modems are often extras. There could be some
    covers on the bottom of the laptop that have the modem
    card installed inside. Unplugging and starting should fix
    this. You may also find there is a CMOS battery hiding
    under one of these covers. Unplug and try again.

    Also, there is often a reset switch hidden in a hole
    accessable from the outer casing that may fix this.

    Marko, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Thanks Marko, I knew it would have to be something simple - I hadn't removed
    the battery. Afer I did it booted OK.

    Thanks,
    Slarty

    Slarty Bartfast, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Slarty Bartfast

    Robert Black Guest

    Try soaking the hard drive is salt water for 48 hours. That will do the
    trick.

    Robert Black, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Just remove the NIC from the PC and start again...

    Mario

    Mario \(NT4&W2K\), Jul 26, 2003
  6. That's news to me. Did it work for you? :)

    Regards,
    Slarty

    Slarty Bartfast, Jul 28, 2003