    economical could this be after shelling out $200.00. The
    cartridge/paper kit @ 24.99 seems reasonable
    but then how many prints from the cartridge?
    Al, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Al

    Harvey Guest

    "The Kodak EasyShare printer dock 4000 is a continuous tone thermal dye
    transfer printer that creates waterproof, borderless 4 x 6 in. (102 x 152
    mm) photos that last a lifetime. The Kodak EasyShare printer dock 4000 only
    uses the Kodak color cartridge & photo paper kit (PH-40). With the purchase
    of the printer dock 4000, it includes a cartridge and 10 sheets of paper to
    produce ten prints. Do not use inkjet paper in the printer dock 4000."

    This would seem to imply you get ten prints from a cartridge. That seems
    very low, doesn't it.

    Harvey, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Al

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Harvey,

    The ten pack of media is included to get you started and so you can begin
    printing right away. Additional media can be purchased in a 40 Pack and an
    80 Pack (two 40's). Check your favorite store for media and the printer if
    anyone is reading this and you do not have one.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Al

    Greg Kamer Guest

    "Al"

    > Kodak seems to be carefull not to include information as to how many
    > prints
    > one can get from a cartridge. Does anyone know how many? I would
    > really like to buy this printer dock for my 4530 camera, but just how
    > economical could this be after shelling out $200.00. The
    > cartridge/paper kit @ 24.99 seems reasonable
    > but then how many prints from the cartridge?

    Al,
    I purchased the 6000 dock. It came with a 10 picture starter pack.
    The cartridge that came with it was good for printing the initial 10
    pictures. I also brought a 40 pack picture kit. That cartridge will print 40
    pictures. That kit cost me $25.00. I think you can buy an 80 picture pack
    too, but I have not seen them at the local stores here....

    The 40 picture pack somes with 2 twenty sheet packets of paper and the
    cartridge. Once you print those 40 picks you toss the cartridge.
    Greg Kamer, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Al

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Al wrote:

    > Kodak seems to be carefull not to include information as to how many
    > prints
    > one can get from a cartridge. Does anyone know how many? I would
    > really like to buy this printer dock for my 4530 camera, but just how
    > economical could this be after shelling out $200.00. The
    > cartridge/paper kit @ 24.99 seems reasonable
    > but then how many prints from the cartridge?

    If you are thinking of using a printer dock to print a lot of pictures,
    it certainly is NOT economical, compared with taking the flash card to
    Costco or Sam's. If, however, you want to dash off an occasional quick
    print for Mom, or a friend, it is a convenience that you pay for. If
    you need to print more than a few pictures, take the flash card to Sam's
    and get prints for $0.18 each, on the same machine as they use for 35 mm
    film prints. You can't come close to that price using ANY consumer printer.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Al

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Greg Kamer wrote:

    > "Al"
    >

    >>Kodak seems to be carefull not to include information as to how many
    >>prints
    >>one can get from a cartridge. Does anyone know how many? I would
    >>really like to buy this printer dock for my 4530 camera, but just how
    >>economical could this be after shelling out $200.00. The
    >>cartridge/paper kit @ 24.99 seems reasonable
    >>but then how many prints from the cartridge?

    > Al,
    > I purchased the 6000 dock. It came with a 10 picture starter pack.
    > The cartridge that came with it was good for printing the initial 10
    > pictures. I also brought a 40 pack picture kit. That cartridge will print 40
    > pictures. That kit cost me $25.00. I think you can buy an 80 picture pack
    > too, but I have not seen them at the local stores here....
    >
    > The 40 picture pack somes with 2 twenty sheet packets of paper and the
    > cartridge. Once you print those 40 picks you toss the cartridge.

    That's $.062.5 a picture, which is a LOT more than Sam's $0.18 a
    picture. But if immediate gratification is what you need, then the dock
    and supplies for it may suit your needs. NOT mine.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Al

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Al,

    Actually, Al, there is no secret, the media pack includes an exact amount of
    media and paper to provide that number of prints. For example, when you buy
    the Printer Dock it comes with a 10 pack. The pack includes 10 pieces of
    paper and media to print 10 prints. When those are gone that is it. You
    need to get an additional amount of media and paper. Kodak sells them in
    20, 40 and 80 packs (2 packs of 40). Each pack will yield the number of
    prints that are included.

    You can learn all about the Printer Docks by visiting their pages on the
    Kodak site.

    Let me know if you have any questions, Al, I am glad to help you.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Al

    Al Guest

    "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message news:<brpqg1$12f$>...
    > Hi Al,
    >
    > Actually, Al, there is no secret, the media pack includes an exact amount of
    > media and paper to provide that number of prints. For example, when you buy
    > the Printer Dock it comes with a 10 pack. The pack includes 10 pieces of
    > paper and media to print 10 prints. When those are gone that is it. You
    > need to get an additional amount of media and paper. Kodak sells them in
    > 20, 40 and 80 packs (2 packs of 40). Each pack will yield the number of
    > prints that are included.
    >
    > You can learn all about the Printer Docks by visiting their pages on the
    > Kodak site.
    >
    > Let me know if you have any questions, Al, I am glad to help you.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    Just want to thank everyone for your input...I've made my decision
    thanks again

    Al
    Al, Dec 17, 2003