    Three pizzas for $20.95....the price was right. That worked out at 87
    cents / slice or about $5.24 cents / person.

    Good value.

    steve, Dec 18, 2003

  2. steve

    steve Guest

    Oops - wrong newsgroup Re: Of pizza in my corner of NZ

    That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

    steve, Dec 18, 2003

  3. steve

    jonas Guest

    Re: Oops - wrong newsgroup Re: Of pizza in my corner of NZ

    steve wrote:
    > That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

    never mind, we are thankful for the info

    jonas, Dec 18, 2003
  4. steve

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:32:42 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

    Na you was doing a Woger...

    Dumdedo, Dec 18, 2003
  5. steve

    Tim Guest

    Re: Oops - wrong newsgroup Re: Of pizza in my corner of NZ

    jonas <> wrote in news:dhqEb.33499
    $:

    > steve wrote:
    >> That was meant for nz.general - sorry.
    >>

    > never mind, we are thankful for the info

    Oh well, might as well put in my 2 cents while the thread is here ;)

    We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
    are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
    (www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>

    Tim, Dec 18, 2003
  6. steve

    Dogg Guest

    Re: Oops - wrong newsgroup Re: Of pizza in my corner of NZ

    On 19 Dec 2003 12:19:52 +1300, Tim <>
    wrote:

    <snippity doo daa>

    >We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
    >are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
    >(www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

    Couldn't agree more. Found them when I moved up from Christchurch and
    they're great. The thing I like is you can get the snack sized
    pizza's.

    Dogg, Dec 19, 2003
  7. steve

    sal Guest

    But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
    and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

    sal, Dec 19, 2003
  8. steve

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:42:38 +1300, sal wrote:

    > But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
    > and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

    Fair enough.....depends on what base, maybe...

    I had 'classic' from Dominos....and usually have "crispy" from P-H.

    I'll try the Dominos thin and crispy next time.

    steve, Dec 19, 2003
  9. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > Oh well, might as well put in my 2 cents while the thread is here ;)
    > We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
    > are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
    > (www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

    Thanks for that, I had a lust pizza when I was in welly recently, and
    damn, I know good pizza, and Lust was very good pizza.

    T.N.O., Dec 19, 2003
  10. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    sal wrote:

    > But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
    > and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

    "PH bases" = Hutt or Haven(Assuming Hutt)

    T.N.O., Dec 19, 2003
  11. steve

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:16:42 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > sal wrote:
    >
    >> But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
    >> and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

    > "PH bases" = Hutt or Haven(Assuming Hutt)

    or 'Hut'. :)

    steve, Dec 19, 2003
  12. steve

    Acetyldehyde Guest

    Re: Oops - wrong newsgroup Re: Of pizza in my corner of NZ

    The citizens of nz.comp are very interested in your post and, as you can
    see, has not been misplaced after all.

    Acetyldehyde, Dec 19, 2003
  13. steve

    Craig Shore Guest

    wrote:

    >That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

    Isn't the stereotypical image of a computer geek that of coke, pizza,
    and computers?

    Craig Shore, Dec 19, 2003
  14. steve

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:17:58 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:32:42 +1300, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

    > Isn't the stereotypical image of a computer geek that of coke, pizza,
    > and computers?

    The pizza has to be stuck to your back because you fell
    backward onto the box when either programming or gaming. :)

    steve, Dec 19, 2003
  15. steve

    Pleb Plebian Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > My kids like pizza.
    >
    > Usually Pizza Hut (not the best, but they get the job done).
    >
    > Yesterday: Tried (new) Dominos Pizza (Kapiti)
    >
    > Their large bases are smaller than Pizza Hut's, but the pizza is better.
    > The tomato sauce is more savoury and less sweet...and the toppings are
    > laid on like they SHOULD be on a real pizza.

    <snip>
    Along the same lines - any recommendations for a decent pizza in Hamilton?
    Afraid the 'hut don't really do it for me.....
    <hint> If yr in Pakuranga - try the <Pak> Pizza Delivery Company.....yummy!
    Still trying to find a good one down here. Help? :)
    Tx!
    -P

    Pleb Plebian, Dec 19, 2003
  16. steve

    SomebodyElse Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:31:19 +1300, steve wrote:

    > My kids like pizza.
    >
    > Usually Pizza Hut (not the best, but they get the job done).
    >
    > Yesterday: Tried (new) Dominos Pizza (Kapiti)
    >
    > Their large bases are smaller than Pizza Hut's, but the pizza is better.
    > The tomato sauce is more savoury and less sweet...and the toppings are
    > laid on like they SHOULD be on a real pizza.
    >
    > The guy at the store recommend "The Godfather"...and it was a good one.
    > Better than a P-H Super Supreme or it's more direct analog - the meaty
    > Italiano.
    >
    > Three pizzas for $20.95....the price was right. That worked out at 87
    > cents / slice or about $5.24 cents / person.
    >
    > Good value.

    In Christchurch I like Spagalimis (they even have a completly
    uninformative, waste-of-time website). Good pizza at a reasonable price. I
    used to eat their pastas too, but I haven't had one in a while.

    Anybody in Chch tried Raging Bull Pizzas (& Indian iirc (YUM)) in Lincoln
    Road? I've heard from (only) one source that the're very good. I must give
    them a try.

    - Scott

    SomebodyElse, Dec 19, 2003
  17. steve

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:09:52 +1300, SomebodyElse wrote:

    > In Christchurch I like Spagalimis (they even have a completly
    > uninformative, waste-of-time website). Good pizza at a reasonable price. I
    > used to eat their pastas too, but I haven't had one in a while.
    >
    > Anybody in Chch tried Raging Bull Pizzas (& Indian iirc (YUM)) in Lincoln
    > Road? I've heard from (only) one source that the're very good. I must give
    > them a try.

    I'm taking notes....for next time I'm Chch. :)

    steve, Dec 19, 2003
  18. steve

    geoffm Guest

    wrote:

    >My kids like pizza.
    >
    >Usually Pizza Hut (not the best, but they get the job done).
    >
    >Yesterday: Tried (new) Dominos Pizza (Kapiti)
    >
    >Their large bases are smaller than Pizza Hut's, but the pizza is better.
    >The tomato sauce is more savoury and less sweet...and the toppings are
    >laid on like they SHOULD be on a real pizza.
    >
    >The guy at the store recommend "The Godfather"...and it was a good one.
    >Better than a P-H Super Supreme or it's more direct analog - the meaty
    >Italiano.
    >
    >Three pizzas for $20.95....the price was right. That worked out at 87
    >cents / slice or about $5.24 cents / person.
    >
    >Good value.

    La Porchetta in Parnell (and possibly elsewhere) is good value, and a
    good pizza. Always busy so phone in or be prepared for a long wait for
    takeaway.
    Geoff

    geoffm, Dec 19, 2003
  19. steve

    Dodger Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > > "PH bases" = Hutt or Haven(Assuming Hutt)

    > or 'Hut'. :)

    ahh yes..
    check out www.pizzahutt.co.nz =)

    Dodger, Dec 19, 2003
  20. steve

    Dodger Guest

    "Dodger" <> wrote in message

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    > > > "PH bases" = Hutt or Haven(Assuming Hutt)

    > > or 'Hut'. :)

    > ahh yes..
    > check out www.pizzahutt.co.nz =)

    forget that,
    looks like they fixed it, it use to point to pizza havins site. =)

    Dodger, Dec 19, 2003