    I'd hate to reinstall, is there anyway I can downgrade the Pro install
    to Home so I can activate with this OEM Home key?

    thanks

    jeff, Oct 16, 2005

  2. jeff

    Trent SC Guest

    No

    Trent SC, Oct 16, 2005

  3. jeff

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:41:36 GMT, jeff wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I screwed up and installed Pro on a machine that has a Home OEM key.
    >
    >I'd hate to reinstall, is there anyway I can downgrade the Pro install
    >to Home so I can activate with this OEM Home key?

    Yes, it's called reinstall.

    Try searching MS Support

    Alternative - www.google.com finds among other messages
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_20933248.html
    leading to
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;303661
    How to uninstall Windows XP and revert to a previous operating system

    from the above article -

    To remove Windows XP, you must have upgraded from Microsoft Windows 98,
    Windows 98 Second Edition, or Windows Millennium Edition.

    Note If you upgraded from Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Windows
    2000, or Windows NT 4.0, you cannot remove Windows XP.

    >thanks

    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2005
  4. jeff

    Toolman Tim Guest

    jeff wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I screwed up and installed Pro on a machine that has a Home OEM key.
    >
    > I'd hate to reinstall, is there anyway I can downgrade the Pro install
    > to Home so I can activate with this OEM Home key?
    >

    > thanks

    No. Weigh the costs: how much to buy an XP Pro OEM key vs. time to
    reinstall. Hmmmm....let me know what you decide <g>

    http://www.9software.com/Windows_XP_Professional_OEM_p/winxpprooem.htm&Click=5673

    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2005