    and load it on both machines? OEM or Retail? I want to go with OEM
    since it is less $$$, but I understand there is no support.

    TIA

    Edge, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Edge

    JD Guest

    Edge wrote:
    > I have two pc's and both need a MS Office 2003 software. The machines
    > and the apps will not be used at the same time. Can I buy one cd of MS
    > and load it on both machines? OEM or Retail? I want to go with OEM
    > since it is less $$$, but I understand there is no support.
    >
    > TIA

    You can physically and technically install it on both machines, however
    this would be illegal and against the EULA.

    If you interested in saving $$$ try OpenOffice.org (2.0) it's $0 and
    it's quite good too.

    JD

    JD, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Edge

    bmoag Guest

    Actually if you have a legitimate copy of Office 2003 you can install it on
    3 machines. You might even be able to go farther before activation fails.
    Don't worry about support from Microsoft because there isn't any, apart from
    what you find out yourself on their web sites or others, no matter how you
    acquired your copy of Office.
    Having actually paid for Microsoft support and gotten hopelessly wrong
    answers I would strongly advise you not to be too concerned about getting
    support from Microsoft.
    2003 is slightly more robust than prior versions at saving highly formatted
    documents--otherwise it ain't no different than any prior version.
    Therefore support directly from Microsoft is a non-starter if you are
    already familiar with them many glitches of Office.

    bmoag, Feb 3, 2006