    possible to create a restoration CD from a restoration partition? If
    the partition is smaller than 700mb, this shouldn't be a problem. If
    it's bigger than 700mb, a DVD could, perhapes be used.

    yawnmoth, May 26, 2005

  2. yawnmoth

    Kenny Guest

    Norton Ghost, formerly Partition Magic, will make a complete image of your
    hard drive. This is better than a restoration disc since it will have all
    the drivers, programs etc. you have added since. Look here:
    http://www.powerquest.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/
    An alternative and the one I'm using at present is True Image, does
    basically the same as Ghost.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, May 26, 2005

  3. yawnmoth

    Kenny Guest

    My mistake, Ghost was formerly Drive Image, not Partition Magic. Was
    thinking ahead of myself since if you want to save an image it shouldn't be
    on the same partition as OS and PM will create partitions.
    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, May 26, 2005