    When I start the OEM install it asks what partition I want to put the the
    new Windows on. It seems that the 64 bit eval version had to make an 8 MB
    partition and the rest of the 120GB hardrive on another partition.

    =?Utf-8?B?NHg0bWU=?=, Jan 14, 2006

  2. If the x64 Eval has not expired, you can use the full OEM version to upgrade
    it, just start it up, insert the Full OEM disk and upgrade. If it has
    expired, boot off the Full OEM CD, accept the F8 License agreement, select
    the drive on which you installed the Eval version and do a repair upgrade.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 14, 2006

  3. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

    > If the x64 Eval has not expired, you can use the full OEM version to upgrade
    > it, just start it up, insert the Full OEM disk and upgrade. If it has
    > expired, boot off the Full OEM CD, accept the F8 License agreement, select
    > the drive on which you installed the Eval version and do a repair upgrade.

    My eval has expired. So I boot from the CD then type "R" for Repair then
    it gives me :

    1: C:\Windows

    "Which Windows installation would you like to log into?"

    I press 1 then it asks for the administrator password. I have never entered
    an administrator password. So I hit enter then it it gives me the C:/Windows
    prompt. Does this seem right?

    pressing R for repair should NOT give me a DOS prompt...

    =?Utf-8?B?NHg0bWU=?=, Jan 15, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?NHg0bWU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    R for repair at that point gets you into the Recovery Console. You need the
    other choice and as Andre said, you will get the F8 for accepting the
    license, then the repair you need to finish your install.

    John Barnes, Jan 15, 2006
  5. "John Barnes" wrote:

    > R for repair at that point gets you into the Recovery Console. You need the
    > other choice and as Andre said, you will get the F8 for accepting the
    > license, then the repair you need to finish your install.

    Other choice meaning the "ESC=Don't Repair" installing a "fresh copy of
    Windows" route...

    Ok just trying to not loose my pictutures on the harddrive.

    =?Utf-8?B?NHg0bWU=?=, Jan 15, 2006
  6. You are looking for the "r" that follows the choice to "Install Windows."

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 15, 2006
  7. Ok I got the OEM successfully installed and my pictures are still there...
    WHEW !!!

    Thank you all so much for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?NHg0bWU=?=, Jan 15, 2006
  8. You're welcome.