    and then a re-install from that. Also, I do have access to another OEM XP 64 CD, if necessary.

    Other than this I can't think what to try next. I'm really stuck as to anything else to try and
    would be very grateful for some helpful suggestions - that is other than forget 64 bit XP..
    William, Dec 20, 2005

  2. William

    Rick Guest

    The information you provide is somewhat confusing. If you have an OEM
    CD and think it might be corrupted, then what are you going to
    accomplish by copying it to a CD-R? What is it on now? Is is a CD-RW?
    If it's on a CD-RW, then it is absolutely NOT an OEM CD!

    Rick, Dec 20, 2005

  3. William

    William Guest

    Problem now resolved by reloading XP over itself.

    On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:20:15 +0000, William <> wrote:

    >I have a Gigabyte K8NF9, AlthonX64 3200, Maxtor SATA - no RAID, no LAN, new build, clean install
    >from OEM CD Nothing installed except from XP64 CD, that is non-MS drivers etc.
    >
    >During install it couldn't find cmprops in d:\amd64
    >and in i386 couldn't find 6 files. I clicked to bypass and I have a sort of system, but with no
    >Internet Explorer and no doubt some other things missing.
    >
    >I've deleted the partitions, re-partitioned with only one partition and done another clean install
    >with a similar result.
    >
    >Although it's only a remote possibility that the CD is corrupt I intend to try copying it to a CD-R
    >and then a re-install from that. Also, I do have access to another OEM XP 64 CD, if necessary.
    >
    >Other than this I can't think what to try next. I'm really stuck as to anything else to try and
    >would be very grateful for some helpful suggestions - that is other than forget 64 bit XP..

    William
    William, Dec 21, 2005