    and then the X2 Dual core arrrives soon hopefully (preordered) the shop
    keeps extending waiting time,because i dont know if CPU goes under chipset
    that´s why I ask,sorry the inconvinience and ignoranth.
    =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=, Jun 28, 2005

  2. The license is assigned to motherboard and Chipset, to the entire PC when it
    is distributed with.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=

    Rick Guest

    You can change the CPU and you might, or you might not, have to
    re-activate the OS. I have had mixed results in the past when changing
    CPUs on a computer with Windows XP 32-bit. Sometimes it will tell me
    the OS needs to be activated because of hardware change, and other times
    it just boots and runs as if nothing happened.

    You'll find out when you change the CPU.

    Rick, Jun 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    And what if the CPU *has* to be changed (they do die sometimes, ya know) I
    can't see you getting turned down for a re-activate over a CPU change unless
    you did it several times over. Might have to do it over the phone rather
    than via internet.

    Then again, just because it makes sense...

    M. Murcek, Jun 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=

    Rick Guest

    Most of the time my re-activations have been via the internet. I think
    I have only had to call 2 or 3 time in the past few years. But, like I
    said below, sometimes the system does not need re-activation.

    Rick, Jun 28, 2005
  6. I think activation server is reset like every 120-days, not sure if its true
    though.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  7. Yes I believe they will give you a couple of shots in case you screwed up or
    something and then from what i understand you have to send in proof of your
    authenticity and then they will re-issue you a new certificate and a new key
    to start over again. Once again, thats why you should stick to a RETAIL
    license, so you don't have to deal with that crap.
    --
    Fritz
    Computer type person

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJpdHo=?=, Jun 28, 2005
  8. OEM is not really a problem, you just have to go directly to the OEM for
    support.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005