    old HD to the new HD, however as I can't run the old OE I need to actually
    copy & paste the relevant files.

    Any ideas where I can find them, or is there a better way?
    Rob Tompsett, May 6, 2004

  2. Rob Tompsett

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Rob Tompsett emerged from the bunker
    carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > My OS (winXP home) failed, and not wishing to lose data on the hard
    > drive by formating & reinstalling I installed a new master HD, making
    > the old one a slave, and installed win XP on it.
    >
    > I was hoping to be able to transfer my OE addresses & messages over
    > from the old HD to the new HD, however as I can't run the old OE I
    > need to actually copy & paste the relevant files.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can find them, or is there a better way?

    Search for .dbx files - they are your messages and folders.
    D/l dbxtract and extract the messages from the files to folder(s) of your
    choice.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, May 6, 2004

  3. Most likely you will find them in the:

    C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{SOME-GUID-D58FD4402840}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

    Just close OE and copy everything from this folder to the corresponding one
    on your new hard drive. Don't forget to back it up first.

    Victor Pushkin
    http://www.katygeeks.com
    Computer Support Services for Houston/Katy area.

    Victor Pushkin, May 6, 2004
  4. Close OE, back up your current OE folder (Tools->Options->Store Folder)
    C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{SOME-GUID-D58FD4402840}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

    Copy everything from your old HDD OE folder (must look similar to the above)
    to the new HDD OE folder.

    Victor Pushkin, May 6, 2004
  5. Rob Tompsett

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Victor Pushkin emerged from the bunker
    carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > Close OE, back up your current OE folder (Tools->Options->Store
    > Folder) C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Identities\{SOME-GUID-D58FD4402840}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
    >
    > Copy everything from your old HDD OE folder (must look similar to the
    > above) to the new HDD OE folder.

    Don't bother telling me. I /know/ how to back up OE, I just fuckup by
    deleting the wrong folder /after/ I reinstall it all...;-(
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, May 6, 2004