    "deconfigure" those?
    I would be extreeeeeemely grateful for help
    kendra

    kendra, Sep 23, 2003

  2. kendra

    °Mike° Guest

    OLEXP Outlook Express Does Not Save the Mail Server Logon Password

    OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:24:52 +0100, in
    <WGRbb.23$>
    kendra scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003

  3. kendra

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as kendra continued:

    > I can't find anyone from IT to help me. Can you?

    IT people are notoriously hard to find, especially when camouflaged in
    PC-case beige.
    Do you really not think it would be better to consult the guy or
    department that set it up rather than possibly screw it up by going
    alone ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 23, 2003
  4. kendra

    tlotr Guest

    Hope this helps,
    -T-

    Every time you open Outlook Express or Outlook you are asked to reenter your
    password even though the Save Password box is checked. Generally this is
    caused by a problem in the Registry with the Protected Storage System
    Provider key. Follow the steps below to fix this problem:
    1) Back Up The Registry

    Just to be safe you should back up this registry key before making
    modifications.

    a.. Click Start, Run, and type regedit in the box, and then click OK
    b.. In the left panel, click the pluses next to
    a.. HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    b.. Software
    c.. Microsoft
    a.. Right click on Protected Storage System Provider and select Export
    b.. In the File name box, type a unique name for the key
    c.. In the Save In box, click a location for the file to be saved (I would
    recommend the Desktop)
    d.. Click Save
    2) Change the Permissions

    a.. Still in the Registry, Right click on Protected Storage System
    Provider and select Permissions
    b.. Click the user name for the user that is currently logged on and
    ensure that Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow
    c.. Click on the Advanced button, and select the Permissions tab
    d.. Highlight the currently logged on user, and make sure that Full
    Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys
    is listed in the Apply To column
    e.. Place a check mark in the box for "Replace Permission Entries on all
    Child Objects with Entries Shown Here that Apply to Child Objects"
    f.. Click Apply
    g.. A box will appear asking if you are sure you want to do this, click
    Yes
    h.. Click Ok and then Click Ok again to return to the Registry Editor
    3) Delete the Key

    a.. Click the plus sign next to Protected Storage System Provider key
    b.. Right click the user sub-key folder that will look similar to:

    S-1-5-21-3723271197-429115175-1203367206-1003

    c.. Click Delete and then click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box
    that appears
    d.. Each identity may have a sub-key under the Protected Storage System
    Provider key. Delete all of the user sub-key folders under the Protected
    Storage System Provider key using the same method
    e.. Close the Registry and Reboot the Computer
    4) Reenter Password in Outlook Express or Outlook

    a.. Open Outlook Express or Outlook
    b.. When you are prompted to Enter password, go ahead and retype it and
    make sure the Save Password box is checked
    This should complete the steps for fixing the problem of the password not
    being saved in Outlook Express or Outlook.

    tlotr, Sep 23, 2003
  5. kendra

    kendra Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as kendra continued:
    >
    > > I can't find anyone from IT to help me. Can you?

    > IT people are notoriously hard to find, especially when camouflaged in
    > PC-case beige.
    > Do you really not think it would be better to consult the guy or
    > department that set it up rather than possibly screw it up by going
    > alone ?
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    AAAh but I did try dear just Slumpy and I could find neither the guy himself
    nor anyone else in his department (IT). I waited until I could connect with
    you folks again as I know from past experience how very helpful you are! At
    least the humour counters the pc rage!
    kendra

    kendra, Sep 23, 2003
  6. kendra

    kendra Guest

    It has helped and I'm going to save your posts just in case. I am sooooo
    grateful. Thank you Mike, Slumpy and trotr.
    Mega sigh of relief!!
    kendra

    kendra, Sep 23, 2003
  7. kendra

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as kendra continued:

    >>> I can't find anyone from IT to help me. Can you?

    >> IT people are notoriously hard to find, especially when camouflaged
    >> in PC-case beige.
    >> Do you really not think it would be better to consult the guy or
    >> department that set it up rather than possibly screw it up by going
    >> alone ?

    > AAAh but I did try dear just Slumpy and I could find neither the guy
    > himself nor anyone else in his department (IT). I waited until I
    > could connect with you folks again as I know from past experience how
    > very helpful you are! At least the humour counters the pc rage!
    > kendra

    What sort of IT department do you have to rely on when nobody /appears/
    (at least to me) to be available to help you for over 24 hours ? Do they
    have any jobs going for one of nature's natural lazy bastards ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 23, 2003
  8. kendra

    kendra Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as kendra continued:

    > >> IT people are notoriously hard to find, especially when camouflaged
    > >> in PC-case beige.
    > >> Do you really not think it would be better to consult the guy or
    > >> department that set it up rather than possibly screw it up by going
    > >> alone ?

    > > AAAh but I did try dear just Slumpy and I could find neither the guy
    > > himself nor anyone else in his department (IT). I waited until I
    > > could connect with you folks again as I know from past experience how
    > > very helpful you are! At least the humour counters the pc rage!
    > > kendra

    > What sort of IT department do you have to rely on when nobody /appears/
    > (at least to me) to be available to help you for over 24 hours ? Do they
    > have any jobs going for one of nature's natural lazy bastards ?
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    I think the recent viruses just messed up everyone's schedules and
    timetables. They were getting "please help NOW" calls from EVERYwhere. To be
    honest, I gave up on them after a week and came to you. Believe me, you do
    NOT want to work in a hospital where EVERYone is computer-illiterate and
    needs 911 help for the most banal problem. At least here, it's your own time
    merci
    kendra

    kendra, Sep 24, 2003