    messages have been read.
    Any ideas why?
    TIA
    Smirnoff, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Smirnoff

    jils Guest

    one possibility i found .. some messages in *my* oe are set to go straight
    to the trash. they remain "unread", therefore the new mail icon remains in
    the systray. now THAT'S annoying! however, the problem still occurs for me
    sometimes even without the trashed messages.

    i've flagged this post - i'm watching for a fix!!

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    Win ME
    OE6
    When I receive new mail, an envelope icon appears in the task bar.
    Normally, when I have read the message (set to Mark As Read after 5
    seconds) the icon disappears.
    Just lately, the icon remains in the task bar even though all new
    messages have been read.
    Any ideas why?
    TIA
    jils, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    jils wrote:
    > one possibility i found .. some messages in *my* oe are set to go
    > straight to the trash. they remain "unread", therefore the new mail
    > icon remains in the systray. now THAT'S annoying! however, the
    > problem still occurs for me sometimes even without the trashed
    > messages.
    >
    > i've flagged this post - i'm watching for a fix!!

    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I take your point about messages going straight to the deleted
    items folder. At least there is some indication of unread messages (a
    figure in brackets) to let you know.
    Last time this happened, I checked every account and every folder for
    unread messages, there were none.
    However, the bloody icon was still in the taskbar.
    Annoying, isn't it?

    Smirnoff, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Smirnoff

    Unknown Guest

    If you delete a message (email) without reading it does the ICON stay in the
    tray?

    Unknown, Apr 14, 2004