    "Filtered Inbox"].

    What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

    Doug Davis

    Doug Davis, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Doug Davis

    PA Bear Guest

    First of all, your Rule should end with "and Stop processing more rules."

    The Registry key for Message Rules is most likely damaged:
    Start>Run>Regedit>OK> Navigate to this key

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Identities
    \{GUID}
    \Software
    \Microsoft
    \Outlook Express
    \5.0
    \Rules

    (where GUID = long number corresponding to your Identity)

    and delete it.

    Now rebuild your list of Message Rules. This assumes you're losing rules
    for both Mail and News. If not, expand above key and delete only the one
    giving you problems.
    --
    *The* OE6-specific newsgroup on the MS newsserver is:

    HTH...Please post back to this thread

    ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

    Protect Your PC

    PA Bear, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Doug Davis

    Doug Davis Guest

    Thanks for the prompt help, but the problem remains. As soon as I reinstate
    the rule, the "OK" button on the "Message Rules" window fails to respond,
    and the rule is gone the next time I begin the application. Any more ideas?

    Doug

    Doug Davis, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Doug Davis

    PA Bear Guest

    Your current Identity is most likely corrupt. Create a new Named Identity
    and import messages from the old one before deleting it
    (File>Identities>Manage Identities).
    --
    *The* MS OE6-specific newsgroup is:

    PA Bear, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Doug Davis

    Doug Davis Guest

    Thanks, Robear. This seems to have done the trick. I still had some
    problems importing all of my message folder contents to the new identity (OE
    seemed to "give up" importing messages past a certain point in the
    alphabet), but I think that everything's back up to snuff now, and the rule
    seems to be working so far.

    Thanks again for your help!
    Doug Davis

    Doug Davis, Nov 15, 2003