    home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu delete/copllapse?
    Cheers,
    Paul
    Paul Burdett, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Paul Burdett

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    news:46c56c1b$0$15276$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
    > when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
    > slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
    > Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all folders
    > etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
    > delete/copllapse?
    > Cheers,
    > Paul

    XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
    Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
    "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
    At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
    turned on.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    > "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
    >> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
    >> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
    >> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
    >> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
    >> delete/copllapse?
    >> Cheers,
    >> Paul

    > XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
    > Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
    > "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
    > At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
    > turned on.

    Hi,
    Tried that...no difference. Thanks anyway.
    paul

    Paul Burdett, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    > "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
    >> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
    >> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
    >> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
    >> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
    >> delete/copllapse?
    >> Cheers,
    >> Paul

    > XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
    > Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
    > "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
    > At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
    > turned on.

    Hi,
    Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses slowly
    by the way.

    Paul Burdett, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Paul Burdett

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
    >>> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
    >>> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
    >>> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
    >>> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
    >>> delete/copllapse?
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Paul

    >> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
    >> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
    >> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much
    >> everything. At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in
    >> the list turned on.
    >>

    > Hi,
    > Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
    > slowly by the way.

    Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 19, 2007
  6. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    > "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message

    >>> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
    >>> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
    >>> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much
    >>> everything. At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three
    >>> in the list turned on.
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >> Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
    >> slowly by the way.
    >>>

    > Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

    Yes..no improvement.
    Cheers!

    Paul Burdett, Aug 19, 2007
  7. Paul Burdett

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> Hi,
    >>> Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
    >>> slowly by the way.
    >>>>

    >> Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

    > Yes..no improvement.
    > Cheers!

    Bummer.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 19, 2007
  8. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    > "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

    >> Yes..no improvement.
    >> Cheers!
    >>

    > Bummer.

    All fixed! Just changed display settings to 16bit from 32 bit colour!

    Paul Burdett, Aug 20, 2007
  9. Paul Burdett

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> Yes..no improvement.
    >>> Cheers!
    >>>

    >> Bummer.
    >>

    > All fixed! Just changed display settings to 16bit from 32 bit colour!

    Heh! Never would have thought of that one. Congrats!
    WhzzKdd, Aug 20, 2007