    Is there any way I can configure OE6 to 'not' display email contents, like
    pornographic images? I know you can do this in Vista, but I still use XP Pro
    and more to the point, so do the kids.

    J, Oct 12, 2008

  2. J wrote:

    > Is there any way I can configure OE6 to 'not' display email contents,
    > like pornographic images? I know you can do this in Vista, but I
    > still use XP Pro and more to the point, so do the kids.

    Set each of you up with a separate user account. Give yourself a strong
    password so the kids can't break into your account.

    Or, get a separate computer for your pr0n -- also with a strong password
    -- and only turn it on when the kids are all fast asleep.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 12, 2008

  3. J

    freemont Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:51:35 +0100, J writ:

    > Is there any way I can configure OE6 to 'not' display email contents,
    > like pornographic images? I know you can do this in Vista, but I still
    > use XP Pro and more to the point, so do the kids.

    Click Tools > Options > Security and check the "Block Images" box.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Oct 12, 2008
  4. J

    J Guest

    "freemont" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:51:35 +0100, J writ:
    >
    >> Is there any way I can configure OE6 to 'not' display email contents,
    >> like pornographic images? I know you can do this in Vista, but I still
    >> use XP Pro and more to the point, so do the kids.

    > Click Tools > Options > Security and check the "Block Images" box.
    >
    > --
    > "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    > ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    That's exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks!

    J, Oct 12, 2008
  5. J

    Old Codger Guest

    J wrote:
    > "freemont" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:51:35 +0100, J writ:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way I can configure OE6 to 'not' display email contents,
    >>> like pornographic images? I know you can do this in Vista, but I still
    >>> use XP Pro and more to the point, so do the kids.

    >> Click Tools > Options > Security and check the "Block Images" box.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

    > That's exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks!

    When a picture is received you will now get a message that includes
    "....... click here to download pictures".

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Oct 12, 2008