    Y. The message cannot be written.'

    How do I fix this ? Thank You.

    ---

    Nowhere, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Nowhere

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:42:27 +0100, "Nowhere" <>
    wrote:

    >When I close OE, I get this message:
    >
    >'msimn.exe. Application error....The instruction at X, referenced memory at
    >Y. The message cannot be written.'
    >
    >How do I fix this ? Thank You.

    Below are two basic maintenance tips that fix many IE and OE problems:

    First, Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, and under
    "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button, check the box,
    "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
    button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 10 Meg. Click "OK",
    "Apply". That will increase your hard drive space by how much was in that
    folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone to
    cross-linked files. Clear it automatically by clicking the "Advanced" tab,
    scroll down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary Internet
    Files folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"

    Secondly, double-click "My Computer", right-click your "Drive C", select
    "Properties", click the "Tools" tab, and under "Error Checking", click the
    "Check Now" button, check the box, "Automatically fix file system errors"
    and click the "Start" button.

    When it's done, reboot and see if the browser works now.

    Unk, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Nowhere

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:25:31 -0400, Unk <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:42:27 +0100, "Nowhere" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>When I close OE, I get this message:
    >>
    >>'msimn.exe. Application error....The instruction at X, referenced memory at
    >>Y. The message cannot be written.'
    >>
    >>How do I fix this ? Thank You.
    >>

    >Below are two basic maintenance tips that fix many IE and OE problems:
    >
    >First, Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, and under
    >"Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button, check the box,
    >"Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
    >button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 10 Meg. Click "OK",
    >"Apply". That will increase your hard drive space by how much was in that
    >folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone to
    >cross-linked files. Clear it automatically by clicking the "Advanced" tab,
    >scroll down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary Internet
    >Files folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"
    >
    >Secondly, double-click "My Computer", right-click your "Drive C", select
    >"Properties", click the "Tools" tab, and under "Error Checking", click the
    >"Check Now" button, check the box, "Automatically fix file system errors"
    >and click the "Start" button.
    >
    >When it's done, reboot and see if the browser works now.

    meant "When it's done, reboot and see if OE closes without the error".

    Getting tired, time to go to bed.

    Unk, Aug 5, 2004