    on Outlook, but to no avail. Is there a way?

    Thanks.

    Jorge

    El Llanero Solidario, Apr 13, 2007

  2. El Llanero Solidario

    sittingduck Guest

    El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    > My girlfriend has a problem with her outlook. She was used to having
    > pictures (that were send to her as attachtments) just simply pop up in
    > the viewing window of her Outlook Express. I've tried to get the same
    > thing done on Outlook, but to no avail. Is there a way?

    Yes, but it's unsecure. It's best to force all email to plain text (can be
    done in outlook, but not OE) and then open only that which comes from trusted
    sources.

    sittingduck, Apr 13, 2007

  3. El Llanero Solidario

    Mike Easter Guest

    El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    > My girlfriend has a problem with her outlook.

    Just like OE has multiple versions depending upon the version of IE and
    the SP upgrades to XP, OL has multiple versions, the latest being 2003
    SP2.

    > She was used to having
    > pictures (that were send to her as attachtments) just simply pop up
    > in the viewing window of her Outlook Express.

    Yes. OE can display the picture attachments to plaintext without further
    clicking or downloading because OE is a creature of IE and tightly
    integrated with its rendering engine. OL requires clicking the pic
    attachment/s to open it/them.

    > I've tried to get the
    > same thing done on Outlook, but to no avail. Is there a way?

    Yes. There is/are addon wizards for OL that enable the pics to be
    viewed and with the wizard, you actually have more options than with OE.

    Here's a MS article discussing the Attachment Viewer addon wizard for OL
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa168469(office.11).aspx
    Viewing Multiple Picture Attachments in Outlook 2003

    .... with screenshots showing a mail in OL with accessible picture
    attachments which need to be clicked on to be viewed.

    I'm not sure how many different ways the wizard works, as I haven't ever
    seen or used it.

    Why did your gf switch to OL from OE?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 13, 2007
  4. El Llanero Solidario

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    >> She was used to having
    >> pictures (that were send to her as attachtments) just simply pop up
    >> in the viewing window of her Outlook Express.

    > Yes. OE can display the picture attachments to plaintext without
    > further clicking or downloading because OE is a creature of IE and
    > tightly integrated with its rendering engine. OL requires clicking
    > the pic attachment/s to open it/them.

    Here's a discussion in slipstick
    http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.htm "Images in plain text mail
    items are listed as attachments (that you can open or save). Attachments
    to plain text messages are not displayed in the message body, as they
    are in Outlook Express."

    Sue Mosher, the Office guru who originally created the slipstick site
    sez "Outlook 2007 offers picture attachment viewing in the reading
    pane." http://snipurl.com/1gbrz <snurled googlegroups post from OL
    group in MS public Subject: Outlook should view inline picture
    attachments>

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 13, 2007
  5. El Llanero Solidario

    Vanguard Guest

    "sittingduck" wrote in message
    > It's best to force all email to plain text (can be
    > done in outlook, but not OE)

    In OE, enable the "Read all messages in plain text" option.

    Vanguard, Apr 13, 2007
  6. Neither of them are any good.

    Chris P Bacon, Apr 13, 2007
  7. First of all, thanks Mike.

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Why did your gf switch to OL from OE?

    She didn't. She got Vista;-( & she didn't like Live Mail and since she was
    using OL at the office, she "ordered" me to install OL, a thing I had
    carefully checked out when I installed Office 2003... I'm gonna try the
    wizard and see what happens...
    Thanks a lot, Mike.

    Jorge

    El Llanero Solidario, Apr 13, 2007
  8. El Llanero Solidario

    Mike Easter Guest

    El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    > "Mike Easter"

    >> Why did your gf switch to OL from OE?

    > She didn't. She got Vista;-( & she didn't like Live Mail and since
    > she was using OL at the office, she "ordered" me to install OL

    I see. I tho't Vista Mail was mostly like OE. I wonder why if she
    liked OE she didn't like Mail. Or, is Vista Live Mail something
    different from Mail I wonder.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 13, 2007
  9. El Llanero Solidario

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > El Llanero Solidario wrote:
    >
    >> "Mike Easter"

    >>> Why did your gf switch to OL from OE?

    >> She didn't. She got Vista;-( & she didn't like Live Mail and since
    >> she was using OL at the office, she "ordered" me to install OL

    > I see. I tho't Vista Mail was mostly like OE. I wonder why if she
    > liked OE she didn't like Mail. Or, is Vista Live Mail something
    > different from Mail I wonder.

    MS Windows Mail in Vista is like OE. In fact, it retained the version 6
    designation - 6.0.6000.16386 actually.

    Live Mail is online like Hotmail - http://get.live.com/betas/mail_betas

    WhzzKdd, Apr 13, 2007
  10. El Llanero Solidario

    Vanguard Guest

    "Chris P Bacon" wrote in message

    > "Vanguard" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "sittingduck" wrote ...
    >>> It's best to force all email to plain text (can be
    >>> done in outlook, but not OE)

    >> In OE, enable the "Read all messages in plain text" option.

    > Neither of them are any good.

    Coming from someone who posts to Usenet using Outlook Express. Yep, I'm
    using it, too, but then I'm not the one condemning the product that I
    use.

    Vanguard, Apr 14, 2007
  11. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> She didn't. She got Vista;-( & she didn't like Live Mail and since
    >> she was using OL at the office, she "ordered" me to install OL

    > I see. I tho't Vista Mail was mostly like OE. I wonder why if she
    > liked OE she didn't like Mail. Or, is Vista Live Mail something
    > different from Mail I wonder.

    Mike... She's a woman...;-))))

    Jorge

    El Llanero Solidario, Apr 14, 2007