    Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me further?
    Regards
    Andy

    Andrew Mott, Sep 1, 2003

  2. "Andrew Mott" <> wrote in message
    news:5kL4b.20409$...
    > Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails

    it
    > says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe

    because i
    > sent it from a secure source myself!
    > Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me

    further?
    > Regards
    > Andy

    OE=Outlook Express (The program you are using !!)

    In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must
    un-check the option to not open or save potentially harmful attachments.

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Andrew Mott

    Ionizer Guest

    > Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails it
    > says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe because i
    > sent it from a secure source myself!
    > Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me further?
    > Regards
    > Andy

    "Firstly," OE is an email/newsgroup reader. It's short for "Outlook
    Express." It's a Microsoft product. You just used it to post your
    question.

    Tools|Options|Security tab: un-check "Do not allow attachments to be saved
    or opened...."

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Andrew Mott

    anthonyberet Guest

    Andrew Mott wrote:
    > Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails
    > it says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe
    > because i sent it from a secure source myself!
    > Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me
    > further? Regards

    To be honest, if you are too stupid to look in your options and change this
    setting you are a danger to yourself and others if you are able to open
    attachments. Leave it alone, just manage without attachments.
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Andrew Mott

    stephen Guest

    If everyone balked at asking a question, that they might think stupid, or is
    admonished for asking a question, which some jerk( that's you) thinks is
    stupid, laziness,etc: there would be no news groups for you to display your
    arrogance!

    stephen, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Andrew Mott

    Brendon Guest

    Don't worry, It happens to a lot of people, including me. I have to access
    the attachment by logging on to webmail via the blueyonder website. And OE I
    am not sure but I think it is something meaning something for example: MB
    meaning Megabyte, GB meaning Gigabyte, OS meaning the version of your
    computer, ect.

    Brendon, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Andrew Mott

    HamMan Guest

    and the winner of the dumbass of the year award is..."Brendon"...

    > Don't worry, It happens to a lot of people, including me. I have to access
    > the attachment by logging on to webmail via the blueyonder website. And OE

    > am not sure but I think it is something meaning something for example: MB
    > meaning Megabyte, GB meaning Gigabyte, OS meaning the version of your
    > computer, ect.

    do yourself a favour and dont listen to this retard

    HamMan, Sep 1, 2003
  8. Andrew Mott

    Raine Guest

    OE is Outlook Express.
    To read those attachments ...Tools/Options/Security ... Uncheck ... Do
    not allow attachments...
    Also make sure your setting in Tools/Options/Security is set to Internet
    Zone ...
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 1, 2003
  9. Andrew Mott

    Ionizer Guest

    "Raine" <> wrote in message

    > OE is Outlook Express.
    > To read those attachments ...Tools/Options/Security ... Uncheck ... Do
    > not allow attachments...
    > Also make sure your setting in Tools/Options/Security is set to Internet
    > Zone ...
    > Raine.

    No, set it to "Restricted Sites" zone!

    Play safe,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 2, 2003
  10. Andrew Mott

    Raine Guest

    Can't comment on that, don't get mail with attachments so can't test it,
    ;o)
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 2, 2003
  11. Andrew Mott

    anthonyberet Guest

    stephen wrote:
    > If everyone balked at asking a question, that they might think
    > stupid, or is admonished for asking a question, which some jerk(
    > that's you) thinks is stupid, laziness,etc: there would be no news
    > groups for you to display your arrogance!

    There is a difference between asking a reasonable question after at *least*
    punching some keywords into a search engine, checking that there are not
    many hundreds of websites and tens of thousands of Usenet posts answering it
    already, and what the OP has done, which is to completely ignore the
    perfectly informative error message he has had, and not bother to check
    though the absolutely freaking obvious software settings before irritating a
    whole lot of people (tanp) with his "question".
    It is arses like him that spread viruses such as we have had recently.
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Sep 2, 2003
  12. "anthonyberet" <> wrote in

    > viruses such as we have had recently.

    what's this we? :)

    Santiago Zawojski, Sep 2, 2003
  13. Andrew Mott

    anthonyberet Guest

    Santiago Zawojski wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in
    >
    >> viruses such as we have had recently.

    > what's this we? :)

    The entire planet ;-)
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Sep 2, 2003
  14. Andrew Mott

    Brendon Guest

    OE stands for Outlook Express

    --
    Thankyou for taking yor time to read this email.
    Please email me using the following address ''...

    Brendon, Sep 2, 2003