    thanks. Matt.

    P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
    every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?. :(

    Matt, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Matt

    Fummie Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy
    > properly. Is it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
    > What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security.
    > how do signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set
    > this up. Many thanks. Matt.
    >
    > P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display
    > here. every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?. :(

    Look at your original post then press Ctrl + F3 and look at the second line.

    Fummie, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Matt

    Webmaster Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy properly.

    Is
    > it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
    > What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security. how

    do
    > signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set this up. Many
    > thanks. Matt.
    >
    > P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
    > every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?. :(

    Matt,

    Go to Tools ->accounts->news->properties and change your name and email
    address to whatever you want.

    Otherwise those nice spam people will be backing a truckload up to your
    mailbox on a daily basis. Bless their little socks. :)

    Webmaster

    Webmaster, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Matt

    Mr Stumpy Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:32:42 +0100, Matt wrote in a thumbnail dipped in
    tar:

    > oops. So what do i do ?.
    > "Matt" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy properly.

    > Is
    >> it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
    >> What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security. how

    > do
    >> signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set this up. Many
    >> thanks. Matt.
    >>
    >> P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
    >> every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?. :(

    Change your email address in your newsgroup account settings to something
    obviously faked. You´re a target for spam. Download a firewall like Zone
    Alarm.
    Mr Stumpy

    Mr Stumpy, Jul 12, 2003