    red cross problem which I know about and can deal with but something. Has
    anyone any ideas please?

    John.
    John Whitaker, Sep 8, 2005

  2. John Whitaker

    Mike Easter Guest

    John Whitaker wrote:
    > I am running Outlook Express in 98SE. Frequently when I receive
    > emails with multiple internal attachments all the pictures are there
    > at first but mostly disappear quite quickly. There are thin
    > horizontal stripes where the pictures were and these can be saved as
    > the complete items. It isn't the little
    > red cross problem which I know about and can deal with but something.
    > Has anyone any ideas please?

    It sounds like something is happening to your resource management.

    Presumably if you save the email as an .eml, shut down other resource
    intensive applications, then you would be able to open the .eml, which
    would call up OE and IE as the rendering engine and the item would be
    properly displayed and not disappear.

    That would be a preliminary 'diagnostic' step. The business of figuring
    out where your resources are going would be considerably trickier.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 8, 2005

  3. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message news:432079bd$0$92083$>
    > It sounds like something is happening to your resource management.
    >
    > Presumably if you save the email as an .eml, shut down other resource
    > intensive applications, then you would be able to open the .eml, which
    > would call up OE and IE as the rendering engine and the item would be
    > properly displayed and not disappear.
    >
    > That would be a preliminary 'diagnostic' step. The business of figuring
    > out where your resources are going would be considerably trickier.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Mike,

    Thanks for the advice. I did as you suggest but it only works intermittently
    and better from OE itself rather than Explorer. That's with system resources
    at 63% free.

    I shall carry playing to see if I can solve it.

    John.
    John Whitaker, Sep 9, 2005