    I am getting a new laptop and I would like to be able to see the same email folders and emails on both the desktop and the laptop. I have seen various suggestions about how to do this and I tried messing around with an old laptop to get some experience. The idea of setting the laptop up with the leave messages on the server seems to be the only thing that is simple but it only seems to leave the inbox messages. You can't see the deleted and sent, etc. I guess because those have already been dealt with on the desktop?

    I saw something about setting up IMAP accounts but I have Verizon DSL and their help page doesn't seem to address this so that I know what their settings are for it. Does anyone know how to set this up in OE and will it then let me see all folders on both the desktop and laptop.

    Thks

    pfd\\lfz, Oct 18, 2006

  2. pfd\\lfz

    GTS Guest

    Verizon DSL doesn't support IMAP, only pop or web mail. What you want to do
    would only be possible if you limit yourself to Webmail.

    GTS, Oct 18, 2006

  3. Hi
    I use the regular Outlook. When you set a pop3 account on Outlook you can choose to leave messages on the Server even if you locally (in Outllok) delete them.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 18, 2006
  4. pfd\\lfz

    Lem Guest

    pfd\lfz wrote:
    > I am getting a new laptop and I would like to be able to see the same
    > email folders and emails on both the desktop and the laptop. I have
    > seen various suggestions about how to do this and I tried messing around
    > with an old laptop to get some experience. The idea of setting the
    > laptop up with the leave messages on the server seems to be the only
    > thing that is simple but it only seems to leave the inbox messages. You
    > can't see the deleted and sent, etc. I guess because those have already
    > been dealt with on the desktop?
    >
    > I saw something about setting up IMAP accounts but I have Verizon DSL
    > and their help page doesn't seem to address this so that I know what
    > their settings are for it. Does anyone know how to set this up in OE
    > and will it then let me see all folders on both the desktop and laptop.
    >
    > Thks

    If you use regular Outlook, you just synchronize the pst file using
    something like MS synctoy
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx

    I don't know what the corresponding file(s) is/are for OE. Perhaps this
    will help: http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-sync.htm

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Oct 18, 2006
  5. pfd\\lfz

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Oct 19, 2006
  6. pfd\\lfz

    Lem Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > "Lem" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> If you use regular Outlook, you just synchronize the pst file using
    >> something like MS synctoy
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx

    > That's a well-hidden utility - how come the people in the Outlook groups
    > don't know about it? I've been looking for something like this for AGES!

    Well, it is listed on the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP page
    (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)even
    though it was primarily developed as digital photo tool ("To speak to
    other users and contribute feedback about your experiences with SyncToy,
    please use the forums accessible from the Professional Photography web
    site at http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto.").

    It's also "relatively" new: "SyncToy was released as a beta in early
    August 2005"

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Oct 19, 2006