    hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
    the reson for this?

    Yaz
    Yaz, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Yaz

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:17:37 GMT, "Yaz"
    <> wrote:

    >I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or a
    >hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
    >the reson for this?

    Not enough memory is my guess.

    What operating system, and how much memory do you have?
    Evan Platt, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Yaz

    NewFox Guest

    take a look at these threads .. its been discussed many times as it seems
    http://tinyurl.com/yn5e8h

    NewFox, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Yaz

    Mellowed Guest

    I had a problem last October and unfortunately I don't remember the
    details. However, I posted the problem on Microsoft.public.outlook and
    the solution was forthcoming.

    If I recall correctly the fix was: (I'm using Win ME and the
    directories could differ with your OS)
    Close Outlook
    1. Go to the Outlook directory, in my case, c:\windows\application
    data\Microsoft\outlook (it is the same directory as outlook.pst)
    2. Rename extend.dat to extend.old
    3. Restart Outlook

    The worse case situation is that you might have to rename extend.old
    back to extend.dat
    Or
    Go to the outlook newsgroup

    "Yaz" <> wrote in message
    : I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message
    or a
    : hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone
    tell me
    : the reson for this?
    :
    : Yaz
    :
    :
    Mellowed, Dec 21, 2006
  5. Yaz

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:18:40 +0200, "NewFox" <-> wrote:

    >take a look at these threads .. its been discussed many times as it seems
    >http://tinyurl.com/yn5e8h

    And the reason you're telling that to me?
    Evan Platt, Dec 21, 2006
  6. Yaz

    amazed Guest

    "Yaz" <> wrote in message
    >I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or a
    >hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
    >the reson for this?
    >
    > Yaz

    The link is to the MS knowledge database.

    http://support.microsoft.com/search...spid=global&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False&x=13&y=14

    Or this shorter link:
    http://tinyurl.com/y6mjf5

    In section: "For", type after comma the *exact* error message you receive.
    Then click the search button.
    You can perfrom the search again for additional database entries,
    by changing the search criteria in drop down from "All products"
    To: "Outlook Express 6.0" Or to the operating system you're using.
    amazed, Dec 21, 2006
  7. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote >
    > What operating system, and how much memory do you have?

    Win XP, System Memory 512Mb

    Yaz
    Yaz, Dec 21, 2006
  8. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "amazed" <> wrote > >
    > In section: "For", type after comma the *exact* error message you receive.
    > Then click the search button.
    > You can perfrom the search again for additional database entries,
    > by changing the search criteria in drop down from "All products"
    > To: "Outlook Express 6.0" Or to the operating system you're using.

    I think the best thing to do for me is to begin using MS Outlook 2000. I
    have for sometime wanting to use the Calendar/Task functions in Outlook.
    This I can use in conjuction with my blacberry phone too. Any advice before
    I migrate.

    Any advice before migrating? I would like to transfer all my messages as
    well as email accounts.

    Yaz
    Yaz, Dec 21, 2006
  9. Yaz

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Mellowed wrote:
    > I had a problem last October and unfortunately I don't remember the
    > details. However, I posted the problem on Microsoft.public.outlook and
    > the solution was forthcoming.
    >
    > If I recall correctly the fix was: (I'm using Win ME and the
    > directories could differ with your OS)
    > Close Outlook
    > 1. Go to the Outlook directory, in my case, c:\windows\application
    > data\Microsoft\outlook (it is the same directory as outlook.pst)
    > 2. Rename extend.dat to extend.old
    > 3. Restart Outlook
    >
    > The worse case situation is that you might have to rename extend.old
    > back to extend.dat
    > Or
    > Go to the outlook newsgroup

    <snip>
    That may work for OUTLOOK, but it won't work for OUTLOOK EXPRESS.
    Outlook Express uses a completely different mail/settings storage system
    than Outlook Express.
    AnonyMouse, Dec 22, 2006