    how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
    subscribing to ng's ?

    thanks.
    news@11.00, May 21, 2004

  2. news@11.00

    frederick Guest

    "news@11.00" <> wrote in message
    news:vXgrc.7887$...
    > whilst setting up my newsgroups i accidently checked the 'don't show me
    > again' option in the do you want to subscribe to this newsgroup box.
    >
    > now every ng i look at is automatically subscribed to :(
    >
    > how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
    > subscribing to ng's ?
    >

    > thanks.

    lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am surprised
    that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!

    The not simple - but only way might be to edit the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs

    The xxxxxxxx part is the user ID of the identity you use - unless you have set
    up more than one identity in OE, it should be the only one there.

    Remove the entire registry entry (key name and value) for "Ask Subscribe".

    Mission accomplished - a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.

    Invoice is in the mail.
    frederick, May 21, 2004

  3. news@11.00

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:36:12 +1200, "frederick" <>
    wrote:

    >lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am surprised
    >that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!
    >
    >The not simple - but only way might be to edit the following registry key:
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    >Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs
    >
    >The xxxxxxxx part is the user ID of the identity you use - unless you have set
    >up more than one identity in OE, it should be the only one there.
    >
    >Remove the entire registry entry (key name and value) for "Ask Subscribe".
    >
    >Mission accomplished - a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.
    >
    >Invoice is in the mail.

    You certainly know your stuff. It was relatively painless to do.

    I guess the person doing the asking knows how to get into his/her
    registry. :eek:))

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, May 21, 2004
  4. news@11.00

    news@11.00 Guest

    "frederick" <> wrote in message
    > lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am

    surprised
    > that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!

    Mucho gracias fred !!!

    Most ppl couldn't give a stuff but I found it a pain to have auto
    subscription to ng's that I might never visit again.

    Thanks for the help.

    Cheque is in the mail.

    ;)
    news@11.00, May 21, 2004
  5. Re: OE newsreader Utter Crap get a Real News Reader..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 21, 2004
  6. Roger Sheppard, using his alias "The GHOST of WOGER", wrote:

    > Utter Crap get a Real News Reader..

    You have also posted that Forte Agent 2 is crap. Quotes below.

    Take your own advice.

    : From:
    : Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:50:41 +1200
    :
    : Agent 2 is full of Crap & to Many Bugs..

    : From:
    : Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:00:05 +1300
    :
    : Forte I know one thing you will never ever get any more money from me for such
    : a Crap product..

    --
    Kerrie ;-)
    Kerrie Felderton, May 22, 2004
  7. news@11.00

    Divine Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:01:50 +1200, news@11.00 wrote:

    > how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
    > subscribing to ng's ?

    In case you hadn't noticed, on the keyboard attached to your computer you
    have two buttons marked "Shift" and one marked "Caps Lock". You use these
    buttons to produce capital letters for the beginnings of sentences and for
    the perpendicular pronoun, and for proper nouns.

    Please conform to this standard English convention.

    Divine

    --
    The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
    but this old Queen wants a drink."
    Divine, May 22, 2004
  8. In article <pan.2004.05.22.06.07.33.320245@TRACKER>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:01:50 +1200, news@11.00 wrote:
    >
    > > how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
    > > subscribing to ng's ?

    > In case you hadn't noticed, on the keyboard attached to your computer you
    > have two buttons marked "Shift" and one marked "Caps Lock". You use these
    > buttons to produce capital letters for the beginnings of sentences and for
    > the perpendicular pronoun, and for proper nouns.
    >
    > Please conform to this standard English convention.

    In case you hadn't noticed, your computer has a mouse attached to it,
    that you can use to shut it down instead of posting crap in newsgroups.

    get a life :)
    Patrick Dunford, May 22, 2004
  9. news@11.00

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 02:22:40 GMT, Kerrie Felderton
    <> wrote:

    >Roger Sheppard, using his alias "The GHOST of WOGER", wrote:
    >
    >> Utter Crap get a Real News Reader..

    >You have also posted that Forte Agent 2 is crap. Quotes below.

    Forte Agent 2 is crap and they won't be getting any more money out of
    me in a hurry either. I've used Agent for years and rushed in an
    upgraded straight away when version 2 came out much to my sorrow.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, May 22, 2004