    to have back.

    Thanks,

    Pat Arnoldussen

    Patrick Arnoldussen, May 21, 2005

  2. Patrick Arnoldussen wrote:
    > Hi,

    > We have been using Roadrunner for our internet SP and recently started using
    > their online email service to access our mail while out of town. Today when
    > we fired up the home machine, our inbox contained only the new emails from
    > the RR server. It appears that all our old ones are lost. The sent,
    > deleted, and other personal files are still intact. Just the inbox is gone.

    > Is there any way to recover this? There are some emails we sure would like
    > to have back.

    UN-set your POP client for deleting on server after downloading.
    You've been telling it to do that, so it has been doing as you
    instructed.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 21, 2005

  3. Patrick Arnoldussen

    Mike Easter Guest

    Patrick Arnoldussen wrote:

    > Today when we fired up the home machine, our inbox
    > contained only the new emails from the RR server. It appears that
    > all our old ones are lost. The sent, deleted, and other personal
    > files are still intact. Just the inbox is gone.
    >
    > Is there any way to recover this? There are some emails we sure
    > would like to have back.

    Tom Koch and MS describe factors corrupting inbox.dbx including McAfee's
    VirusScan. If your old inbox(1).dbx is still accessible in your
    storage, you can use dbxtract or dbxpress on it. There's also a
    commercial repair tool, but if Koch doesn't mention it, I would go with
    xpress or xtract.

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone Messages in
    Inbox or other mail folders disappear

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321505 OLEXP:
    Outlook Express E-Mail Messages Are Missing from the Inbox Folder

    http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/displaydoc.asp?frames=1&docid=60743&categoryid=269
    Outlook Express Inbox Corruption - Affected Product:VirusScan - Version:
    6.0 and 6.01.1008

    http://www.oemailrecovery.com/lost-inbox.html Outlook Express inbox
    error fixing by OE-Mail Recovery

    --