    I see where one can block a sender by diverting selected mail to the
    deleted list. Is there a way to prevent a sender from getting mail
    anywhere into OE.?

    Bob H, Dec 6, 2006

  2. "Bob H" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I see where one can block a sender by diverting selected mail to the
    > deleted list. Is there a way to prevent a sender from getting mail
    > anywhere into OE.?

    Yes there is - but you'd have to intercept the mail at the server before OE
    downloads it to your hard drive. (it = headers 1st; then, message&headers)

    Mailwasher does this. There are others.

    To me boxing is like a ballet,
    except there's no music,
    no choreography,
    and the dancers hit each other
    until the loser cries like a little girl,
    or does that whole go-to-sleep thing.

    Some people would do anything to get out of finishing the dance.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Bob H

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bob H wrote:
    > I see where one can block a sender by diverting selected mail to the
    > deleted list. Is there a way to prevent a sender from getting mail
    > anywhere into OE.?

    OE's block sender has a very limited function; it is fundamentally
    useless for spam, because normal spam typically has an infinitely
    variable and bogus From. Normally you should not be using the
    blocksender function on a typical spam, as that will just create a huge
    and undesirable number of entries into your registry Identities key.

    The only type of From which OE's blocksender function might be useful
    would be a consistent and predictable From which does not morph. Some
    newsgroup posters whose posts you would like to have disappear might
    have a consistent From, many do not. It is also possible that you might
    have a now unwanted previous personal correspondent with a consistent
    From whose posts you would benefit from disappearing.

    OE's message rules for deleting a mail message from the server often do
    not work 'as advertised', since a message rule which requires the
    message to be downloaded to be applied cannot possibly delete the
    message from the server.

    You can make a message rule which sez 'When the From contains [email
    address] Delete it from the server' which will work.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 6, 2006