OE attachment messages stuck in inbox

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hersh, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. Hersh

    Hersh Guest

    I am running XP with SP2 and OE6.
    In the past week I have developed a new problem with my Outlook Express:
    When I send emails with attachments over about 40 or 50Kb, I get an error
    box but the error message field is blank; the message says
    "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks. Please review
    the list of errors below for more details."
    Nothing appears in the list below. The email message appears to stay in my
    outbox; it asks me to send it when I close and open the program; each time I
    say "yes" it loops back to the same error box; it is, in fact sending the
    message, but multiple times.
    I have uninstalled my virus protection (provided by my server, Shaw.ca,
    installed last week). The problem persisted. I have now reinstalled the
    virus protection with email scanning in and out. I created a new OE
    identity and imported all my old files and addresses. I thought that fixed
    the problem but it didn't. There are several user profiles on this
    computer, and the problem does not seem to exist on the other profiles.
    Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?
    With thanks,
    Hersh

    Hersh, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Hersh

    WormWood Guest

    Get your mail from ThunderBird (FireFox, Mozilla) or another email
    client of your choice.

    WormWood, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Hersh

    Guest

    He should be able to fix his problem. Changing software is not the
    proper fix, if someone likes what they are using.

    Jerry G.
    ======

    , Jun 16, 2005
  4. Hersh

    Guest

    Find out where the cache is in your system for your email, and clean it
    up.

    If the cleanup does not work, go to Add/Remove softwares, and go
    through the procedure to remove IE and all of its components. See if
    there is a fix in the menu. If not, uninstall it, and re-install it.

    Jerry G.
    ======

    , Jun 16, 2005
  5. Hersh

    Mike Easter Guest

    Hersh wrote:
    > I am running XP with SP2 and OE6.
    > In the past week I have developed a new problem with my Outlook
    > Express: When I send emails with attachments over about 40 or 50Kb, I
    > get an error box but the error message field is blank; the message
    > says "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks.
    > Please review the list of errors below for more details."

    I think that is coming from some 'static' or non-smooth transacting
    between that OE smtp account and the server -- there's trouble, say with
    the user/pw or perhaps the filesize [shouldn't be] or the attachment
    filetype.

    > Nothing appears in the list below. The email message appears to stay
    > in my outbox; it asks me to send it when I close and open the
    > program; each time I say "yes" it loops back to the same error box;
    > it is, in fact sending the message, but multiple times.

    Hmm. Staying in the outbox when it actually has been sent sounds like
    OE tho't the problem was not surmounted.

    Shaw sez you should be able to send a 7-10 meg msg
    http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/TechnicalSupport/Internet/Residential/Email/ServiceDetails.htm
    Maximum outbound message size: Sending through SMTP server 7 MB before
    encoding (10 MB total)

    > created a new OE identity and imported all my old files and
    > addresses. I thought that fixed the problem but it didn't.

    That is tantamount to removing and replacing the mail account, which I
    would have recommended

    > There
    > are several user profiles on this computer, and the problem does not
    > seem to exist on the other profiles.

    That sounds like there is trouble with the server and that user/pw. If
    you are the main account holder, you could create a new email account
    and experiment with that.

    > Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?

    At nearby pages to the above link, shaw has some unexpected things to
    say; you might want to look around in that email questions and trouble
    shooting zone

    "The Internet email standard states that no string of text should exceed
    1000 characters. For long paragraphs, the program being used to compose
    the message should insert a line break to avoid violating the standard.
    Some web-based email services, such as Yahoo! and Hotmail do not
    currently insert a line break. Because Shaw's email system strictly
    adheres to the standard, it does not accept any text beyond the first
    1000 characters, and unfortunately this means that some longer
    paragraphs may be cut short."

    "Some users-especially users with home network routers-may be unable to
    connect using "shawmail" as the server name. If you're experiencing this
    problem, try using the full server name for your region,"

    "Autoreply Maximum autoreply message length is 400 characters "

    "Forwarding Messages can be forwarded to a single email address only "

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Hersh

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Hersh wrote:
    >> "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks.
    >> Please review the list of errors below for more details."

    > I think that is coming from some 'static' or non-smooth transacting
    > between that OE smtp account and the server -- there's trouble, say
    > with the user/pw or perhaps the filesize [shouldn't be] or the
    > attachment filetype.

    You might be able to see some transacting trouble by logging the
    transaction with your OE troubleshooting gizmo.

    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Maintenance tab/ Troubleshooting section - check
    Mail temporarily.

    Then try to email one of your trouble files to yourself or someone else
    so that you can recreate the effect. After that has been accomplished,
    turn off the logging function; if you forget about it and leave it on
    forever, it will become huge -- but it isn't so large -- you can leave
    it on a little while or days during troubleshooting.

    The log file is saved as smtp.log [also pop3.log for incoming] in the
    GUID folder for OE. It is easiest to find by searching with your Find
    function.

    In that file, each entry is a timestamp with a rx or tx for receive or
    transmit between OE and the server. Sometimes something shows up in
    there when there's 'friction' between the two.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2005
  7. Hersh

    Sasha23

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hello Hersh and everyone,

    I have been experiencing exactly the same problem like Hersh. I work from home and send a lot of emails with attachments to my clients. This really is a big problem for me because I am starting to scare off clients who have complained that they got my same message 12 times. At the same time, the said message was sitting in my outbox pretending not to be sent.

    Just wanted to know if Hersh has managed to fix the problem somehow.

    Thanks,

    Sasha

    Sasha23, Jul 3, 2006
  8. Hersh

    Sasha23

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    sorry and more precisely, how have u managed to fix it?

    Sasha23, Jul 3, 2006