    nntp server hasnot responded would you like to waite another 60 seconds. Is
    thereany settings that lets you down load the larger files ?
    Thanks for help
    Lombardi, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Lombardi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:01:18 -0500, "Lombardi" <>
    wrote:

    >XP Pro SP 2 OE 6
    >I'm having a terrible time trying to download fonts & clip-art .About the
    >largest file I'm able to down load is 400 kb before getting message "Your
    >nntp server hasnot responded would you like to waite another 60 seconds. Is
    >thereany settings that lets you down load the larger files ?

    Ditch OutHouse Express.

    Use a real newsreader.

    Anything but OE.
    Evan Platt, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Lombardi

    james Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:01:18 -0500, "Lombardi" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>XP Pro SP 2 OE 6
    >>I'm having a terrible time trying to download fonts & clip-art .About the
    >>largest file I'm able to down load is 400 kb before getting message "Your
    >>nntp server hasnot responded would you like to waite another 60 seconds.
    >>Is
    >>thereany settings that lets you down load the larger files ?

    > Ditch OutHouse Express.
    >
    > Use a real newsreader.
    >
    > Anything but OE.

    That will solve the problem of the error message not being displayed. The
    other program will just show a slightly different error.
    You need to look at what the person is trying to tell you and learn to
    understand what the problem is. In this case the news server is either busy
    or very slow or not working. The timeout value can be altered in OE6 to
    overcome problems with slower servers. It is a problem with the server, not
    the computer or OE6.
    Changing to something like Forte Agent will give exactly the same result.
    It will only speed up once the news server is working as it should.
    You display a total lack of knowledge and have not helped the user one bit!
    james, Sep 16, 2006
  4. Lombardi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:38:08 +0100, "james" <>
    wrote:

    >That will solve the problem of the error message not being displayed. The
    >other program will just show a slightly different error.
    >You need to look at what the person is trying to tell you and learn to
    >understand what the problem is. In this case the news server is either busy
    >or very slow or not working. The timeout value can be altered in OE6 to
    >overcome problems with slower servers. It is a problem with the server, not
    >the computer or OE6.
    >Changing to something like Forte Agent will give exactly the same result.
    >It will only speed up once the news server is working as it should.
    >You display a total lack of knowledge and have not helped the user one bit!

    Really?

    The OP is using Supernews.

    So am I.

    I've only once or twice encountered a error in Agent, and that was
    when they had a known issue.

    Likely, the default settings in Agent are better than the default
    settings in OE.

    I'd bet good money using a real news client would not give the same
    error.

    But of course, I have a total lack of knowledge.

    Of course, you're using Outhouse too.
    Evan Platt, Sep 16, 2006
  5. Lombardi

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:38:08 +0100, "james" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> That will solve the problem of the error message not being displayed. The
    >> other program will just show a slightly different error.
    >> You need to look at what the person is trying to tell you and learn to
    >> understand what the problem is. In this case the news server is either busy
    >> or very slow or not working. The timeout value can be altered in OE6 to
    >> overcome problems with slower servers. It is a problem with the server, not
    >> the computer or OE6.
    >> Changing to something like Forte Agent will give exactly the same result.
    >> It will only speed up once the news server is working as it should.
    >> You display a total lack of knowledge and have not helped the user one bit!

    > Really?
    >
    > The OP is using Supernews.
    >
    > So am I.
    >
    > I've only once or twice encountered a error in Agent, and that was
    > when they had a known issue.
    >
    > Likely, the default settings in Agent are better than the default
    > settings in OE.
    >
    > I'd bet good money using a real news client would not give the same
    > error.
    >
    > But of course, I have a total lack of knowledge.
    >
    > Of course, you're using Outhouse too.

    No, OP is using Outhouse Express.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006