    delete. to proceed, any freshly deleted items do not go there either as the
    number does not increase Thanks for any help E.

    ---

    Ed Parsons, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Ed Parsons

    Trent SC Guest

    > I am unable to view deleted items in OE 6even though the view is set to
    > show, when I click to view, the hour glass comes up and I have to con.

    alt.
    > delete. to proceed, any freshly deleted items do not go there either as

    the
    > number does not increase Thanks for any help E.

    Sounds like the folder is corrupted. Do you desperately need an email from
    here? If not, do a search on your computer for 'Deleted Items.dbx' and
    delete it. When you restart OE, the folder (now empty, shiny and clean)
    will be recreated.

    Trent SC, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Ed Parsons

    paul Guest

    Re: OE 6 Deleted Items==> same with newsgroups???

    "Trent SC" <> wrote in message
    > > I am unable to view deleted items in OE 6even though the view is set to
    > > show, when I click to view, the hour glass comes up and I have to con.

    > alt.
    > > delete. to proceed, any freshly deleted items do not go there either as

    > the
    > > number does not increase Thanks for any help E.

    > Sounds like the folder is corrupted. Do you desperately need an email

    from
    > here? If not, do a search on your computer for 'Deleted Items.dbx' and
    > delete it. When you restart OE, the folder (now empty, shiny and clean)
    > will be recreated.

    Does the same process, that is deleting the .dbx file work with newgroups
    ..dbx files. I've got a couple of newgroups .dbx files
    (alt.binaries.multimedia.3stooges, for example) that are over 300MB in size.
    Compacting, deleting, removing messages on the local file from within OE
    does not seem to change the size of the alt.binaries.multimedia.3stooges.dbx
    file when it is view under My Computer or Windows Explorer.

    Paul

    paul, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Ed Parsons

    trout Guest

    paul wrote:

    > "Trent SC" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am unable to view deleted items in OE 6even though the view is
    >>> set to show, when I click to view, the hour glass comes up and I
    >>> have to con. alt. delete. to proceed, any freshly deleted items do
    >>> not go there either as the number does not increase Thanks for any
    >>> help E.

    >> Sounds like the folder is corrupted. Do you desperately need an
    >> email from here? If not, do a search on your computer for 'Deleted
    >> Items.dbx' and delete it. When you restart OE, the folder (now
    >> empty, shiny and clean) will be recreated.
    >>

    > Does the same process, that is deleting the .dbx file work with
    > newgroups .dbx files. I've got a couple of newgroups .dbx files
    > (alt.binaries.multimedia.3stooges, for example) that are over 300MB
    > in size. Compacting, deleting, removing messages on the local file
    > from within OE does not seem to change the size of the
    > alt.binaries.multimedia.3stooges.dbx file when it is view under My
    > Computer or Windows Explorer.
    >

    > Paul

    Sure; there's no reason not to delete it/them. However; are sure
    it's the *same* file? A newsgroup .dbx file will remain if the group is
    simply unsubscribed. If you re-subscribe to the same newsgroup, a new,
    'numbered' one will be created. And of course; make sure you are looking
    at the files for the news-server, account, Identity, etc. that you're
    currently using.

    trout, Apr 19, 2004