OE 5.5 Won't Justify My Text

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Stephanie, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    The email I send in OE 5.5 appears differently in the "Sent Mail" folder
    than the email that is composed. Also, when people reply to it, I can see
    from the quoted text that my emails look weird to them. For example, look at
    the sample below:

    "Please note that for either of the above, but especially Airmail Parcel
    Post, shipping times could possibly be longer, depending on how fast your
    local
    post office delivery is, and also depending on how long the package takes
    to get through Customs."

    See how "local" is by itself on one line? This is how it appears after it is
    sent in my "sent Mai" folder, but that is not how it appeared before I sent
    it. It looked perfectly fine, with "local" in the line above it with the
    other text. I have my settings set to plain text mail, 76 characters per
    line, and MIME.

    This happens all the time. I have standard emails in a special folder in "My
    documents", and I use these as templates to send emails I send out over and
    over again. They were once "html text" instead of plain text", and the
    characters per line may have been different, but I tried converting them,
    and hitting "backspace" and "return" to get all the lines to appear normal,
    but nothing works. Apparently, I have not been successful in doing this.
    this is driving me crazy.

    Thanks for any help!

    Stephanie

    Stephanie, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Stephanie

    °Mike° Guest

    Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:59:27 -0500, in
    <>
    Stephanie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".

    Thanks Mike! The problem is, I know of no way to view the hidden codes, such
    as hard breaks, in OE 5.5. Unlike MS Word. I went back and checked my email
    draft, by highlighting the space after "local", and you cannot tell from
    that if it is just a space, or a hard break.

    S.

    Stephanie, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Stephanie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:48:43 -0500, in
    <>
    Stephanie scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".
    >>

    >Thanks Mike! The problem is, I know of no way to view the hidden codes, such
    >as hard breaks, in OE 5.5. Unlike MS Word. I went back and checked my email
    >draft, by highlighting the space after "local", and you cannot tell from
    >that if it is just a space, or a hard break.

    Simply delete the two letters either side, so:

    "... how fast your
    local
    post office delivery ..."

    becomes:

    "... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."

    and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:

    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > Simply delete the two letters either side, so:
    >
    > "... how fast your
    > local
    > post office delivery ..."
    >
    > becomes:
    >
    > "... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."
    >
    > and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:
    >
    > "... how fast your local post office delivery ..."

    Thanks again Mike! I will do that. The problem is I am going to have to do
    this with my entire email, which is quite long, as well as all the other
    email drafts I have. and I never know what two words have a hard break
    between them. It is so weird, that I probably will end up just re-typing the
    whole thing in plain text this time! :)

    S.

    Stephanie, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Stephanie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:18:26 -0500, in
    <>
    Stephanie scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Simply delete the two letters either side, so:
    >>
    >> "... how fast your
    >> local
    >> post office delivery ..."
    >>
    >> becomes:
    >>
    >> "... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."
    >>
    >> and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:
    >>
    >> "... how fast your local post office delivery ..."
    >>

    >Thanks again Mike! I will do that. The problem is I am going to have to do
    >this with my entire email, which is quite long, as well as all the other
    >email drafts I have. and I never know what two words have a hard break
    >between them. It is so weird, that I probably will end up just re-typing the
    >whole thing in plain text this time! :)
    >
    >S.

    You could always use a good text editor, like UltraEdit, to reformat
    the paragraphs. You could also use your favourite word processor,
    but save the reformatted email as a plain text file.
    http://www.ultraedit.com/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004