Oddity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Alt-Ctrl-Del Guest

    Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6

    I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
    visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
    for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group were
    expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.

    Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
    had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
    Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
    of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of all
    the posts that I have downloaded.

    Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
    scrolling, no nothing.

    Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?

    Alt.

    --
    "Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, 5-II, 227, all unsolicited commercial
    email sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in
    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del" <Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{
    }}}}.net> wrote:

    >Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6
    >
    >I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
    >visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
    >for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group were
    >expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.
    >
    >Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
    >had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
    >Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
    >of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of all
    >the posts that I have downloaded.
    >
    >Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
    >scrolling, no nothing.
    >
    >Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?
    >
    >Alt.

    You must have used Ghost on that drive...
    Unk, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Alt-Ctrl-Del Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del"
    > <Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{
    > }}}}.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6
    >>
    >>I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
    >>visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
    >>for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group
    >>were
    >>expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.
    >>
    >>Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
    >>had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
    >>Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
    >>of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of
    >>all
    >>the posts that I have downloaded.
    >>
    >>Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
    >>scrolling, no nothing.
    >>
    >>Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?
    >>
    >>Alt.

    > You must have used Ghost on that drive...

    No Unk, I am serious. It was kind of weird though. I had this group open
    and had read a couple of posts. I left the house for a few minutes, came
    back in and all the posts in the group had been expanded and they were
    scrolling down on their own. I have never seen anything like it.

    Alt.
    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Evan Platt Guest

    <Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net> wrote:

    >I had Outlook Express open

    Say no more. There's your problem.
    Evan Platt, Nov 11, 2005
  5. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Alt-Ctrl-Del Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del"
    >
    >>I had Outlook Express open

    > Say no more. There's your problem.

    Yeah, maybe so Evan. I kind of wish it would do it again, just so I could
    be here when it started and maybe learn something else about it.

    Alt.
    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 11, 2005