odd UAC difficulty

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by vortch, Sep 22, 2010.

  1. vortch

    vortch Guest

    If I turn off UAC, all my sidebar gadgets work.
    (I have 'AllowElevatedProcess in the Registry)
    If I set UAC to 'never notify', which I prefer, two gadgets do not
    work.
    One is a network monitor, which does not display properly or detect my
    network interface.
    The other is a clipboard app which proclaims it is not registered
    properly.
    One of the gadget authors does not respond, the other has no idea to
    offer.
    I have tried re-registering all dll's concerned, and shutting down
    sidebar and reinstalling both gadgets.....to no avail.

    This problem is in my x86 Win7 installation, yet both gadgets work
    fine in my 64-bit Win7 installation with UAC set to 'never notify'!

    I'm having suspicions that this may be related to security settings on
    some keys in the registry or something.... I lack deep knowledge of
    the registry and cannot figure anything else to research.

    I have not found any reference to this problem anywhere, I sure would
    appreciate any suggestions.
    TIA
    vortch, Sep 22, 2010

  2. vortch

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This is rather an x86 question but, anyway, try this Network gadget.
    http://addgadget.com/network_meter/
    Carlos

    noticias:...

    Carlos, Sep 22, 2010

  3. vortch

    vortch Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:37:53 -0300, "Carlos" <> wrote:

    That is one of the specific gadgets I am referring to.
    It intrigues me that it works fine under my x64 system, but not under
    the x86 system.
    I'm wondering if there are some ways I might compare the two?
    Also, some versions ago - it did work under the x86 system, yet no
    versions work now, so I must have altered something....not surprising
    as things change over time.

    vortch, Sep 23, 2010