Odd Sunset

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pinehollow, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Pinehollow

    Pinehollow Guest

    I was taking photos of a sunset last week and when I finished, I moved the
    camera too quick and got this result:

    http://www.pbase.com/dondunlap/image/53385015

    It's almost good. Looks like a waterfall of sorts, but there are several
    problems with it, like the individual street lights or house lights standing
    out. I could probably get rid of them, but the rest is just not good enough
    to be one of my preferred shots. It does look pretty cool though.

    Don

    http://www.usenet.com

    Pinehollow, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Pinehollow

    Scott W Guest

    Pinehollow wrote:
    > I was taking photos of a sunset last week and when I finished, I moved the
    > camera too quick and got this result:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/dondunlap/image/53385015
    >
    > It's almost good. Looks like a waterfall of sorts, but there are several
    > problems with it, like the individual street lights or house lights standing
    > out. I could probably get rid of them, but the rest is just not good enough
    > to be one of my preferred shots. It does look pretty cool though.
    >
    > Don

    > http://www.usenet.com

    Neat, I like it.

    Scott

    Scott W, Dec 10, 2005

  3. Pinehollow

    m Ransley Guest

    If you like shooting sunsets a Cokin vari color, or colored polariser
    170-171 have interesting effects use with a polariser and even Tiffen
    Enhancing filter, it brings out reds.

    m Ransley, Dec 10, 2005
  4. "Pinehollow" <> wrote in message
    >I was taking photos of a sunset last week and when I finished, I moved the
    >camera too quick and got this result:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/dondunlap/image/53385015
    >
    > It's almost good. Looks like a waterfall of sorts, but there are several
    > problems with it, like the individual street lights or house lights
    > standing out. I could probably get rid of them, but the rest is just not
    > good enough to be one of my preferred shots. It does look pretty cool
    > though.

    No, no, no! You carefully planned it and now can sell it for big bucks.
    Mistakes are often more profitable than carefully executed endeavors.

    Hey, it is a neat shot!

    Charles Schuler, Dec 10, 2005
  5. Pinehollow

    Pinehollow Guest

    "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message

    > "Pinehollow" <> wrote in message
    >>I was taking photos of a sunset last week and when I finished, I moved the
    >>camera too quick and got this result:
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/dondunlap/image/53385015
    >>
    >> It's almost good. Looks like a waterfall of sorts, but there are several
    >> problems with it, like the individual street lights or house lights
    >> standing out. I could probably get rid of them, but the rest is just not
    >> good enough to be one of my preferred shots. It does look pretty cool
    >> though.

    > No, no, no! You carefully planned it and now can sell it for big bucks.
    > Mistakes are often more profitable than carefully executed endeavors.
    >
    > Hey, it is a neat shot!

    Thanks, I'll sell it and become a gazillionaire.

    Don

    http://www.usenet.com

    Pinehollow, Dec 10, 2005
  6. Pinehollow

    Pinehollow Guest

    "m Ransley" <> wrote in message
    > If you like shooting sunsets a Cokin vari color, or colored polariser
    > 170-171 have interesting effects use with a polariser and even Tiffen
    > Enhancing filter, it brings out reds.

    I've never tried a sunset before, but this one was so red that I gave it a
    try. I might try one of the filters, since the reds is what makes them
    stand out.

    Don

    http://www.usenet.com

    Pinehollow, Dec 10, 2005
  7. Pinehollow

    Quaoar Guest

    Pinehollow wrote:
    > I was taking photos of a sunset last week and when I finished, I
    > moved the camera too quick and got this result:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/dondunlap/image/53385015
    >
    > It's almost good. Looks like a waterfall of sorts, but there are
    > several problems with it, like the individual street lights or house
    > lights standing out. I could probably get rid of them, but the rest
    > is just not good enough to be one of my preferred shots. It does
    > look pretty cool though.
    > Don

    > http://www.usenet.com

    I am frequently surprised at the difference between what I consider junk
    photos and what my audiences consider to be exceptional. One of the
    most disparate photos is similar to yours except that it was a pano
    shoot of city lights from a deck that vibrated with every breath so that
    the lights did their little jigs. Everyone who sees it thinks I'm a
    genius photographer; I think I should have trashed the shot, the camera,
    and given up any hope.

    Quaoar, Dec 13, 2005