Odd notebook behavior at restaurant

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Winston, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. Winston

    Winston Guest

    Pardon if this has been done to death but I Googled and didn't
    see anything applicable. On two different occasions I noticed
    that changes I made in a document during lunch at a restaurant
    did not get saved to the hard disk or to a USB key. The changed
    document "appeared" to save correctly but apparently didn't.
    This happened in restaurant "M" and "R" but never in restaurant "L".

    On returning home, the old version of the document was still on
    the disk and USB key if I had made the changes while in
    restaurants "M" or "R".

    This happened on two different computers at two different
    restaurants. The notebooks never exhibit this problem when working
    at restaurant "L" or at home or out on the road at say, a library.
    At those locations, the notebooks always save the changed document
    to the disk and to the USB key properly.

    Can anybody explain what's happening here?

    Thanks!

    --Winston

    PS: I haven't had a drink since 1983 so that can't be it. :)
    Winston, Jun 13, 2008

  2. Winston

    saycheez Guest

    Perhaps you misread the menu and gave the wrong order?
    saycheez, Jun 13, 2008

  3. Winston

    Winston Guest

    saycheez wrote:
    > Perhaps you misread the menu and gave the wrong order?

    Pardon if this has been done to death but I Googled and didn't
    see anything applicable. On two different occasions I noticed
    that changes I made in a document during lunch at a restaurant
    did not get saved to the hard disk or to a USB key. The changed
    document "appeared" to save correctly but apparently didn't.
    This happened in restaurant "M" and "R" but never in restaurant "L".

    On returning home, the old version of the document was still on
    the disk and USB key if I had made the changes while in
    restaurants "M" or "R".

    This happened on two different computers at two different
    restaurants. The notebooks never exhibit this problem when working
    at restaurant "L" or at home or out on the road at say, a library.
    At those locations, the notebooks always save the changed document
    to the disk and to the USB key properly.

    Can anybody explain what's happening here?

    Thanks!

    --Winston

    PS: I haven't had a drink since 1983 so that can't be it. :)

    Hey, that might be it. Thanks!

    --Winston
    Winston, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Winston

    Winston Guest

    Re: Odd notebook behavior at restaurant Update

    Winston wrote:

    > Pardon if this has been done to death but I Googled and didn't
    > see anything applicable. On two different occasions I noticed
    > that changes I made in a document during lunch at a restaurant
    > did not get saved to the hard disk or to a USB key. The changed
    > document "appeared" to save correctly but apparently didn't.
    > This happened in restaurant "M" and "R" but never in restaurant "L".
    >
    > On returning home, the old version of the document was still on
    > the disk and USB key if I had made the changes while in
    > restaurants "M" or "R".
    >
    > This happened on two different computers at two different
    > restaurants. The notebooks never exhibit this problem when working
    > at restaurant "L" or at home or out on the road at say, a library.
    > At those locations, the notebooks always save the changed document
    > to the disk and to the USB key properly.
    >
    > Can anybody explain what's happening here?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > --Winston
    >
    > PS: I haven't had a drink since 1983 so that can't be it. :)

    Just got back from restaurant "H".
    Document saved correctly on disk as well as on flash drive.
    So far, documents save correctly anywhere except restaraunts
    "M" and "R".

    Edits save properly at:
    2) Restaurants "L" and "H"
    3) a library

    Your thoughts?

    Thanks!

    --Winston
    Winston, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Winston

    DerekS Guest

    "Winston" <> wrote in message
    > Winston wrote:
    >
    >> Pardon if this has been done to death but I Googled and didn't
    >> see anything applicable. On two different occasions I noticed
    >> that changes I made in a document during lunch at a restaurant
    >> did not get saved to the hard disk or to a USB key. The changed
    >> document "appeared" to save correctly but apparently didn't.
    >> This happened in restaurant "M" and "R" but never in restaurant "L".
    >>
    >> On returning home, the old version of the document was still on
    >> the disk and USB key if I had made the changes while in
    >> restaurants "M" or "R".
    >>
    >> This happened on two different computers at two different
    >> restaurants. The notebooks never exhibit this problem when working
    >> at restaurant "L" or at home or out on the road at say, a library.
    >> At those locations, the notebooks always save the changed document
    >> to the disk and to the USB key properly.
    >>
    >> Can anybody explain what's happening here?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> --Winston
    >>
    >> PS: I haven't had a drink since 1983 so that can't be it. :)

    > Just got back from restaurant "H".
    > Document saved correctly on disk as well as on flash drive.
    > So far, documents save correctly anywhere except restaraunts
    > "M" and "R".
    >
    > Edits save properly at:
    > 2) Restaurants "L" and "H"
    > 3) a library
    >
    > Your thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Winston

    Avoid restaurants "M" and "R".

    Derek.
    DerekS, Jun 14, 2008
  6. Winston

    DerekS wrote:

    > Avoid restaurants "M" and "R".
    >
    > Derek.

    Thanks Derek!

    --Winston
    Winston, Jun 14, 2008
  7. Winston

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jun 13, 11:29 pm, Winston <> wrote:
    > Winston wrote:
    > > Pardon if this has been done to death but I Googled and didn't
    > > see anything applicable. On two different occasions I noticed
    > > that changes I made in a document during lunch at a restaurant
    > > did not get saved to the hard disk or to a USB key. The changed
    > > document "appeared" to save correctly but apparently didn't.
    > > This happened in restaurant "M" and "R" but never in restaurant "L".

    > > On returning home, the old version of the document was still on
    > > the disk and USB key if I had made the changes while in
    > > restaurants "M" or "R".

    > > This happened on two different computers at two different
    > > restaurants. The notebooks never exhibit this problem when working
    > > at restaurant "L" or at home or out on the road at say, a library.
    > > At those locations, the notebooks always save the changed document
    > > to the disk and to the USB key properly.

    > > Can anybody explain what's happening here?

    > > Thanks!

    > > --Winston

    > > PS: I haven't had a drink since 1983 so that can't be it. :)

    > Just got back from restaurant "H".
    > Document saved correctly on disk as well as on flash drive.
    > So far, documents save correctly anywhere except restaraunts
    > "M" and "R".
    >
    > Edits save properly at:
    > 2) Restaurants "L" and "H"
    > 3) a library
    >
    > Your thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Winston

    > Your thoughts?

    Your NUTZ!!
    sandy58, Jun 14, 2008
  8. Winston

    sandy58 wrote:

    > Your NUTZ!!

    Thanks, sandy58 I will put that in as a possibility.

    --Winston
    Winston, Jun 14, 2008
  9. Winston

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jun 14, 6:06 pm, Winston <> wrote:
    > sandy58 wrote:
    > > Your NUTZ!!

    > Thanks, sandy58 I will put that in as a possibility.
    >
    > --Winston

    :)
    sandy58, Jun 15, 2008