    installed properly but the teletext programme wouldn't.

    The little Cebra telext window is not as nice as DScaler's integrated
    teletext but you can copy text, which I find useful
    Nighthawk, Sep 1, 2007

  2. Nighthawk

    sam Guest

    Nighthawk wrote:
    > When I replace my mobo recently everything worked except the Cebra
    > teletext programme. There were yellow exclamation marks against a
    > 'video device' in Device Manager which I took to be the onboard
    > graphics that I thought the OS was detecting though I had disabled it
    > in the BIOS, so didn't get too concerned about it. All hardware was
    > working as it should.
    >
    > But last night, while poking around, I fired up MSinfo32 and it
    > identified the problem hardware as the TV card. I have never had any
    > trouble running the TV card, including the integrated teletext, since
    > replacing the mobo so was surprised at this. I re-installed the TV
    > card drivers and re-installed the Cebra teletext programme and it
    > worked. Odd that the TV card worked flawlessly when supposedly not
    > installed properly but the teletext programme wouldn't.
    >
    > The little Cebra telext window is not as nice as DScaler's integrated
    > teletext but you can copy text, which I find useful

    Dscaler interfaces directly with the card.
    It was built on the linux bttv driver for bt8x8 cards, it doesn't need
    the card vendors software.
    sam, Sep 1, 2007

  3. Nighthawk

    Richard Guest

    Nighthawk wrote:
    > When I replace my mobo recently everything worked except the Cebra
    > teletext programme. There were yellow exclamation marks against a
    > 'video device' in Device Manager which I took to be the onboard
    > graphics that I thought the OS was detecting though I had disabled it
    > in the BIOS, so didn't get too concerned about it. All hardware was
    > working as it should.
    >
    > But last night, while poking around, I fired up MSinfo32 and it
    > identified the problem hardware as the TV card. I have never had any
    > trouble running the TV card, including the integrated teletext, since
    > replacing the mobo so was surprised at this. I re-installed the TV
    > card drivers and re-installed the Cebra teletext programme and it
    > worked. Odd that the TV card worked flawlessly when supposedly not
    > installed properly but the teletext programme wouldn't.
    >
    > The little Cebra telext window is not as nice as DScaler's integrated
    > teletext but you can copy text, which I find useful

    Dscaler reads in image data and processes it to get the text data out,
    the other software is usually reliant on a much more error resiliant
    teletext decoder chip on the card that it reads out. Less missing pages
    and errors on noisy channels IME...
    Richard, Sep 2, 2007