Odd camera bayonet mount

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 22, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Dec 22, 2012

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:56:21 PM UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 13:35:54 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    >
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Anyone recognize what mount this is? It's possible it is some kind of video mount. Thanks.

    > >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/147975747/original

    > Is there any kind of identification on the lens?

    It's a f/1.7 relay lens by Century Optics. It's meant to be use at 1:1 according to the barrel. I've seen a few references to that company, I think Schneider owns them now.

    RichA, Dec 23, 2012

  3. RichA

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 22/12/2012 22:35, RichA wrote:
    > Anyone recognize what mount this is? It's possible it is some kind of video mount. Thanks.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/147975747/original

    Looks like an Aaton Universal mount.

    I don't think it's a Sony B4 mount, the shapes and sizes seem to be
    wrong for that.

    Those are the only mounts with three pronged flanges I know of...

    --
    audentes fortuna iuvat

    Joe Kotroczo, Dec 23, 2012
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:59:49 AM UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:03:35 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    >
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:56:21 PM UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:

    > >> Is there any kind of identification on the lens?

    > >It's a f/1.7 relay lens by Century Optics. It's meant to be use at 1:1 according to the barrel. I've seen a few references to that company, I think Schneider owns them now.

    > I suggest you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay_lens
    >

    > It sounds like part of a medical set up from what you say.

    I thought it might have been used in a microscopy photo set-up.

    RichA, Dec 24, 2012