    protection automatically restores it.

    Don't ask me why I need to do it :)

    Cheers

    SNOman, Mar 2, 2004

  2. SNOman

    Jackson Guest

    "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    news:c20q8i$flp$...
    > Anybody here know how to remove the ODBC tool from WinXP but leave the
    > functionality of the OBDC sources setup before the admin tool is removed?
    >
    > I know that you can't simply delete the odbcad.exe file as windows
    > protection automatically restores it.

    Use tweakUI and under the control panel section there's a tick box to add or
    remove the ODBC data sources icon from control panel. Does that help?

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Mar 2, 2004

  3. SNOman

    SNOman Guest

    Jackson wrote:

    > "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anybody here know how to remove the ODBC tool from WinXP but leave the
    >>functionality of the OBDC sources setup before the admin tool is removed?
    >>
    >>I know that you can't simply delete the odbcad.exe file as windows
    >>protection automatically restores it.

    > Use tweakUI and under the control panel section there's a tick box to add or
    > remove the ODBC data sources icon from control panel. Does that help?
    >
    > Jackson.

    Yeah I guess that would do as I could then apply security info to the
    tweakui.exe to stop people running it.

    I'll give it a go and see if it will suffice.

    thanks for the suggestion.

    SNOman, Mar 2, 2004