    drivers which don't work, and the only ODBC driver that comes with the trial
    download is for SQL Server. Is there currently a way to use ODBC to connect
    to an access database in XP 64?
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIGluIEN1cGVydGlubw==?=, May 22, 2005

  2. Bob -- you're probably going to have better luck asking over in the Access
    areas. I don't use access at all, so have no idea what the issues are.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2005

  3. Timon B.
    I started the ODBC DataSource Administrator loacatet in the directory
    sysWOW64. This ODBC DataSource Administrator offers me also the Access ODBC
    Driver for *.mdb and I was able to add the DataSource and access the
    *.mdb-File via ODBC.

    Think of the sysWOW64 as the System32 folder equivalent for 32-bit
    applications. When Access 2003 was installed, it thinks it wrote to the
    System32 folder but really wrote to sysWOW64. I'm not sure if the ODBC
    Data Source Administrator supports the use of 32-bit drivers.

    Rafael Rivera

    Its also worth a try posting this query to the
    microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
    newsgroup for more appropriate answers.
    --

    Andre