ODBC Error

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by AJ, Jan 21, 2010.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...

    I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in a
    very long time.

    We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
    configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access Database)
    then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll use MS Access
    in this case):

    "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
    driver could not be found. Please install the driver."

    I click OK then:

    "Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
    the Driver and Application"

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,

    AJ
    AJ, Jan 21, 2010

  2. AJ

    Dennis Pack Guest

    AJ:
    If nobody has an answer here,
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms710252(VS.85).aspx may be useful.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4794 (20100121) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dennis Pack, Jan 21, 2010

  3. AJ

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 21/01/2010 in message
    <> AJ wrote:

    >We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
    >configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
    >Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
    >use MS Access in this case):
    >
    >"The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
    >driver could not be found. Please install the driver."

    Are ODBC drivers 32 bit only like the Jet drivers?

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
    Jeff Gaines, Jan 21, 2010
  4. AJ

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    "AJ" <> wrote in message
    > Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...
    >
    > I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in
    > a very long time.
    >
    > We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
    > configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
    > Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
    > use MS Access in this case):
    >
    > "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
    > driver could not be found. Please install the driver."
    >
    > I click OK then:
    >
    > "Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
    > the Driver and Application"

    It sounds like you need to configure the 32-bit odbc drivers. Here's a link
    with a good explanation:
    http://clarionsharp.com/blog/2009/11/32-bit-odbc-in-the-64-bit-operating-system/

    To open the 32-bit odbc administration dialog on a 64-bit os, you can use
    this command:
    %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

    With that one I can configure an Access data source.
    Paul Shapiro, Jan 22, 2010
  5. AJ

    Steve Foster Guest

    AJ wrote:

    >Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...
    >
    >I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in
    >a very long time.
    >
    >We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
    >configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
    >Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
    >use MS Access in this case):
    >
    >"The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
    >driver could not be found. Please install the driver."
    >
    >I click OK then:
    >
    >"Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
    >the Driver and Application"
    >
    >Any thoughts?

    There are *two* ODBC Administrator applications, one for setting up 32-bit
    drivers for 32-bit applications, another for 64-bit drivers and 64-bit
    applications.

    The default link in Administrative Tools (et al) is to the 64-bit
    Administrator.

    To manage 32-bit ODBC, you must run ODBCAd32.exe from the SysWOW64 folder.

    Note that there's a distinct paucity of 64-bit ODBC drivers.

    --
    Steve Foster
    ------------
    Steve Foster, Jan 23, 2010
  6. AJ

    AJ Guest

    Thank you all. I'm sorry I did not respond sooner. Yes, I didn't realize
    there are 32 and 64 bit versions.

    AJ

    AJ, Feb 19, 2010
  7. AJ

    kok om

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Rename file odbcad32.exe di folder c:\windows\system32 lalu
    copykan odbcad32.exe dari folder c:\windows\syswow64 ke c:\windows\system32

    Selamat Mencoba....
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    kok om, Mar 5, 2010