    If not he wants to know how to acquire the same for 64bit edition.

    Thanks ahead!

    Jagdeep
    Jagdeep, May 22, 2008

  2. Jagdeep wrote:

    >I have a customer is using Windows Server 2003 64bit edition and he wish to
    >know whether it includes ODBC driver as in 32bit edition,
    >If not he wants to know how to acquire the same for 64bit edition.

    Windows x64 has both 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC. 32-bit applications get the
    former, 64-bit applications the latter.

    Note that the list of available 64-bit ODBC drivers is very limited (MS
    SQL Server is the only one OOB).

    Accessing ODBC Administrator through Administrative Tools gives you the
    64-bit ODBC Administrator.

    The 32-bit ODBC Administrator can be found in the SysWOW64 folder.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], May 22, 2008