Occured_Errors:

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pat, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. pat

    pat Guest

    I keep getting this email and I was wondering if this is a atempt to send me
    a virus or if they really mean something I don't remember sending all of
    these
    because there is about 7 to 10 a day can someone tell me what this is

    IThis mail was generated automatically.
    More info about --CORP-- under: http://www.corp.supernews.com

    -------
    Occured_Errors:

    248.1.40.29_failed_after_I_sent_the_message.
    # 458: MAILBOX NOT FOUND
    # 384: This_account_has_been_discontinued_[#427].

    End
    -------

    The original mail is attached.

    Auto_Mail.System: [corp]

    *-*-* Mail_Scanner: No Virus
    *-*-* QWEST- Anti_Virus Service
    *-*-* http://www.qwest.netThis mail was generated automatically.
    More info about --ADELPHIA-- under: http://www.adelphia.com

    -------
    Occured_Errors:

    79.235.49.5_failed_after_I_sent_the_message.
    % 372: MAILBOX NOT FOUND
    % 529: This_account_has_been_disabled_[#133].
    % 500: Remote_host_said:_delivery_error
    % 335: Giving_up_on_79.235.49.5.

    End
    -------

    The full mail is attached.

    Auto_Mail.System: [adelphia]

    *-*-* QWEST- Anti_Virus Service
    *-*-* http://www.qwest.net
    pat, Nov 21, 2004

  2. pat

    Old Gringo Guest

    pat wrote:
    > I keep getting this email and I was wondering if this is a atempt to send me
    > a virus or if they really mean something I don't remember sending all of
    > these
    > because there is about 7 to 10 a day can someone tell me what this is

    Pat, It appears as though you have your correct email in the header
    of your post which is an invitation for spamers. Thumb rule of the
    road munge your email address and just delete unsolicited emails.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Nov 21, 2004

  3. pat

    °Mike° Guest

    It is the W32.Sober.I@mm worm. Somebody, or some 'bot' has
    harvested your email address. Please read the following links:

    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:48:58 -0700, in
    <pZ1od.1$>
    pat scrawled:

    >I keep getting this email and I was wondering if this is a atempt to send me
    >a virus or if they really mean something I don't remember sending all of
    >these
    >because there is about 7 to 10 a day can someone tell me what this is
    >

    >IThis mail was generated automatically.
    >More info about --CORP-- under: http://www.corp.supernews.com

    <snip>

    --