    Would someone also recommend whether I obtain any other
    certifications before the MCSE? e.g. A+

    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Quest, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Quest

    Adam Guest

    I wouldnt bother with courses.You can do it for 1/4 of the price, Just get
    some good sybex books a mini lab and get stuck in.

    Good Luck

    --
    Adam Downie
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCP
    "Quest" <> wrote in message
    I would appreciate some help from anyone who can tell me
    the best place to obatin my MCSE (i.e. Somewhere that
    isn't a rip off). I have seen that some places will do it
    for £2,500 and some that charge up to £5k.

    Obviously this only applies to the English among you, as
    I'm not in a position to travel half way round the world
    just to Study.

    Adam, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Quest

    Quest Guest

    >Paul,
    >Firstly, you might want to ask *if* you really want to

    invest the time and
    >money necessary to become MCSE certified.
    >Do you have any commercial IT experience ?
    >Do you have much "amateur" It experience ?
    >What do you expect MCSE to do for your career ? Have you

    looked at job sites
    >to see if there are *any* jobs for MCSEs with your level

    of commercial
    >experience, and how much they are paying ?
    >
    >*If* you decide that it *is* for you, I'd advise you to

    consider the
    >self-study route.
    >There is much information on Microsoft's website, and in

    this newsgroup.
    >Learn to use groups.google.com to search newsgroups if

    you don't already
    >know how. (Also handy for when NTL's news-severer goes

    down).

    >HTH
    >
    >Andy

    I have been working within IT for about 3 years, in
    varying roles. I currently work on a Helpdesk. I have
    completed a HNC Computing (for all its worth) and have
    plenty of 'Amateur' experience with installing variuos
    different versions of Windows and related products. I have
    also set up my own network at home, so I have a fairly
    good understanding of Networking.

    It is something that I would like to take me into Network
    Administration, or just General IT support at a more
    advanced level.
    Quest, Jul 9, 2003