    certs - I was just wondering if Microsoft has put some
    kind of restriction on using one passed exam and applying
    that same passed exam to obtain another cert.
    Boba Fett, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Boba Fett

    Jaime Guest

    No, you can do that.
    Jaime, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Actually, yes you can do that. They intentionally designed the overlap.

    Christopher A. Blanchard, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Boba Fett

    Jaime Guest

    My reply was no microsoft did not put any restriction on that and yes he can
    do that.

    Jaime, Oct 18, 2003
  5. No, this can be done, but the overlap allows for it. See below.

    --
    Thanks,
    Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE

    Martin Schmid, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Boba Fett

    Tore Bostrup Guest

    It's hard to tell from these posts - but everybody agrees AFAICT... :->

    The MS certification web site contains information about how overlaps are
    permitted.

    HTH,
    Tore.

    Tore Bostrup, Oct 24, 2003
  7. Boba Fett

    Steve Guest

    Yes, it is possible to do the 2 SQL server exams as
    electives for your MCSE and come away with the MCDBA
    certification aswell.

    I know, because I did it.

    Steve, MCSE, MCDBA
    Steve, Oct 28, 2003